Software Development Model is a framework that provides a description of various steps that are performed for the development of software. It provides a detail explanation about steps like building, deploying and maintenance of software. It involves a complete cycle to widespread a project starting from gathering of requirements to the maintenance of project after its delivery to the client. SDLC model is needed as it provides a high quality of product that is designed as per clients’ requirement and it includes different phases after completion of which project is obtained that are planning, analyses, designing, implementation, and maintenance phase. As various SDLC models are required by Hospital Information Security as it needs to securely save its data and require proper management so that no difficulty is faced by the management is handling the data of clients’. Thus, the best SDLC model for Hospital Information Security is Iterative Model as its working style is considered best for hospitals as they need to update their system on a regular basis.
Iterative model is preferred when all the requirements are not specified at the initial state and are changed according to progress in the model. In this model development of model begin with the specification provided at the initial stage of project and software processes are implemented using that detail and further progress is reviewed at regular basis and requirements are added as required by the project. This model progresses on the basis of completion of phases that are:
- Planning Phase: This is the first step in software development where planning of the project is done and on the basis of this documents are specified and requirements are gathered on the basis of client’s requirement.
- Analysis and Designing Phase: Once plan is completed, the analysis is planned in which all the technical requirements are established that are to be used in a project for further processing.
- Implementation Phase: It is the most important phase of the iterative model, as in this phase implementation is performed and the code is generated for execution.
- Testing Phase: In this step, testing is performed for the part of the model that is built and bugs are checked and fixed so that problem is not faced at the time of execution.
- Evaluation Phase: It is the final phase of the iterative model where the entire team involved in the project along with client examine the progress of the project and validate it if the project is according to clients’ requirement.
- In this model, it is easy to made changes in the requirements of the project.
- In this model components of the project are validated from the client at an early
- This model is mostly used by agile organizations
- Using this model one can plan to have another plan working parallel.
- This model assumes less time for documentation and designing process.
- For the implementation of this model more requirements are needed for processing of project.
- This model cannot be used for small scale projects.
- The progress of this model depends upon its risk analysis phase.
- In this model, defining of one process involves details about the complete
- This model requires more attention to its proper management.