In this article, we will highlight cloud computing models and their fundamental concepts and provides an insightful overview of their features too.
What are the different models of cloud computing?
Typically, cloud computing provides several models such as (deployment and service) which is used and adopted by most of the organizations to increase their customer base and business processes. Cloud computing has following models that are bifurcated into two categories are-
- Cloud delivery models
- Cloud service models
Cloud service models- A cloud service model is a model which is used to represent a pro packaged combination of IT resources that is offered by cloud service providers. Cloud computing delivery model plays a very vital role in every IT domain to provide better services in terms of storage. There are three common cloud computing models that are widely used.
1. Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)- It is one of the major cloud computing models which is used by many companies to produce better outcomes. In IaaS, cloud computing vendor gives access to computing devices and resources such as networking equipment and servers to customers and users. Nowadays, most of the organizations use their own platform services in a service provider’s infrastructure.
Here are some key features of IaaS computing model are listed below:
- Users rely on IaaS because it provides customers a pay per use method where users pay on demand.
- The infrastructure of IaaS is scalable in nature which depends on storage requirements.
- It is a cost-saving model and the organizations use IaaS effectively.
- IaaS enables the virtualization of administrative tasks, free up some time for performing other tasks.
2. Platform as a service (PaaS)- Platform as a service is defined as a computing model in cloud providers provides services to the users in terms of cloud environment and platform through which users can easily develop, design and deliver applications effectively. Moreover, PaaS serves users with many inbuilt suites of tools for developing and testing their customized software and applications.
Key features of PaaS
- PaaS enables organizations to focus on the development process rather than underlying architectures.
- It provides a better platform to users with a suite of tools through which users can create and host their applications in the same cloud-based platform.
- It allows several teams to work collaboratively.
3. Software as a service (SaaS)- Typically, SaaS is the third computing model that offers users to access over the internet with cloud vendor’s software. In SaaS, users do not install any additional apps on their local device through an API. Involvement of the SaaS model allows users to store and collaborate appropriately with their projects.
Key features of SaaS
- SaaS vendor provides several services to the users via the subscription method.
- Data security is one of the key features of SaaS in which data is secure in the cloud.
Cloud deployment model- Basically, a cloud deployment model provides an insightful view of a specific type of cloud platforms through which users can take advantage and enhance their processes.
There are four major types of Cloud deployment models are-
Public cloud- In this cloud services provided by cloud vendors are free and open source. It is used by the public only.
Private cloud- It is accessed by most of the organizations to store their data over the cloud.
Hybrid cloud- It is a combination of all three i.e. private, public and community cloud.
Community cloud- It is used by a community for storing their data over the cloud.