ITIL is a set of described practices related with IT service management that put more emphasis on aligning the IT services with corresponding business needs. Information technology infrastructure library describes tasks, processes, procedures, and checklists which are not technology specific and not even organization specific. For ITIL compliance of an organization, there is no formal independent 3rd party compliance assessment. This library was built around a process model based view of operation control and management often credited to plan-do-check-act cycle.
2. ITIL compliant tools
Today, there are various ITIL compliant tools that can be used by the users as per their convenience level. Some of these tools include Samanage, Zendesk, Agiloft, BMC Remedy 9, JIRA Service Desk, ManageEngine ServiceDesk, and Alloy Navigator etc. The deep configuration allows creation of more than one dozen relationship types along with the ability to establish his own. These tools have the flexibility to manage the automation, knowledge and customization of end to end request processing.
3. How ITIL compliant tools handle tickets
Here are some ways how ITIL compliant tools helps in ticket handling, improving customer engagement and maintaining business growth rate-
- ITIL compliant tools helps in keeping the exact track of tickets along with its effective processing rate.
- The organizations can value their customers with the use of these tools. This will also improve customer’s engagement with high quality services of the organization.
- ITIL tools are best for the higher authorities of the organizations to take effective business decisions that help in instant business growth rate.
- Team work and effective team coordination can be assured with the use of ITIL compliant tools such as JIRA Service Desk, ManageEngine ServiceDesk, Samanage, Zendesk, Agiloft, and BMC Remedy 9 etc.
- ITIL compliant tools help the customers in making direct contact with IT service team executive to get instant answers to their queries.
4. Service level agreement
SLA is considered as a legal contract that get signed between the end user and the service provider. In this contract, the expectation level of specified services is mentioned by the user clearly and the service provider also include some terms & conditions related to it. None among them can break the terms & conditions mentioned in this document as that specific entity will be penalized.
5. ITIL maturity rating scheme
ITIL maturity rating scheme is a framework that is used to evaluate the maturity rate of a specific tool. The working of this tool depends on five different levels such as- initial level, managed level, defined level, quantitatively managed and optimizing. It is not necessary that a specific tool or methodology will fit in all stages of this model because these stages are similar to levels and a single approach can’t satisfy all levels at the similar period of time. Aa product/ service at level-5 has to be focused towards its process improvement and the product/ service of level-1 states the unproductiveness of processes which are poorly controlled & need to be reactive.