Some of the rich applications on the internet are those web applications which are capable of providing a unique and similar experience in comparison to desktop application. These types of application provide a continuous and seamless visual experience when compared with standard end-user applications. Further, such applications are primarily delivered as a method using virtual machine or inbuilt plugins of browser. With the help of such application, the static and standard applications could be converted and transformed into highly effective and fluid applications which are capable of engaging end users for an extended period of time.
In comparison to various desktop-based applications, such applications do not require any additional software to be executed. However, as a prime alternative, it is suggested to the user to install various software such as Flash, Java, or ActiveX which depend upon the type and complexity of application. In a traditional rich internet application, the overall graphical presentation is primarily handled over the client side and it has a plugin which provides continuous support for rich graphics. JavaFX is an important and essential technology using which an end user would be able to develop an effective and interactive RIA.
JavaFX is majorly defined as a Java Library which is extensively used with a prime purpose of building and developing RIAs (Rich Internet Applications). The programmers are solely and heavily dependent upon numerous libraries which include swing and advanced windowing toolkit. Using such libraries and tools, the programmers are able to develop a highly interactive graphical user interface (GUI) application which possesses rich content. Moreover, the applications which are developed with the help of JavaFX can run on numerous platforms and devices such as Tablets, Mobile Phones, TVs, Computers, etc. With the advent and high usage of such JavaFX applications, the programmers and coders are allowed to develop highly interactive applications.
With an objective to develop effective client-side based applications which have a strong possession of numerous rich features, the programmers traditionally depend upon Media, Web, 2D, 3D, in order to develop such applications. With the help of JavaFX, all these features are included into a singular usable package. Swing is one the most extensively used library which could be used by professional application developers.
The need for JavaFX originates when an end user desires of developing an interactive web application with minimum complexity. With the help of JavaFX, the application developer would be able to include a wide range and set of the graphic which would help to leverage Graphical Processing Unit. Further, JavaFX also provides a wide range of interfaces using which the end user would be able to import a combination of user interface control and graphical animations. JRuby, Groovy, and Java are some of the widely used JVM technologies which can be used in combination with JavaFX. Moreover, if various developers go for JavaFX, there would be no need of learning numerous additional technologies because minimum knowledge of any of the above-mentioned technology would be enough.
There are numerous important features provided by JavaFX which are of high use to the end users and application developers –
• JavaFX is primarily independent of the platform and can be used on a wide range of platforms along with various JVM based applications such as Java, Ruby, and Groovy.
• FXML is a language similar to HTML which is featured by JavaFX. The major purpose of the application is to help the end user defined a user interface.
• JavaFX has an inbuilt application named as Scene Builder. When any user integrated this application with various IDE’s such and NetBeans and Eclipse, it would allow to drag and drop the overall design interface.
• Further, an important and essential feature of JavaFX is the interoperability of swing. When an end user develops a JavaFX based application, the entire swing content could be embedded and include by making extensive use of Swing Node class. Moreover, the application developer would also be able to embed web content along with extensive graphical media.
• There are a wide range of User Interface controls using which the application developer would be able to develop a full-fledged and featured application.
• One of the most unique features of JavaFX is that it has a completely integrated graphical library such as 2D and 3D.
Alternatives to JavaFX
Despite large set of features provided by JavaFX, Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight are the most widely used alternatives.
Adobe Flash is primarily developed by Adobe Systems and can be used for the creation of numerous RIAs. Some of the applications which could be developed with the help of Adobe Flash are Vector, Desktop applications, Animation, etc.
Microsoft Silverlight is also an extensive software application framework which can be used for the creation of various RIAs. The current version of application sshas strong support for graphics, multimedia, and animation.
Thus, JavaFX is an essential application used for development of highly effective rich internet based applications.