Marketing communication is the most important part of the marketing plan and strategy of the company. it refers to the message conveyed to perform the marketing of goods and services in the market. Marketing communication can be done in the following ways:
- Direct marketing
- Print media
- Sales promotion
- Sponsorship etc.
Advanced marketing communication theory evaluates all the communication channels critically and their impact on marketing practices of the company to improve the overall marketing of the company and achieve the desired results of marketing plans. Factors that influence marketing communication are as follows:
Attitude: Attitude is a psychological characteristic of a person that determines its mental and emotional quotient that influence the thought process and actions taken by a person. The attitude of a person forms his behavior towards different situations confronted in professional and personal life. The components that form the attitude of a person are as follows:
- Cognitive or informational component: the attitude of a person gets influenced by the information he possesses such as beliefs, values, ideas etc.
- Affective or emotional component: This component shows the affection of a person towards the particular information possessed or collected in the first component.
- Behavioral component: This component determines the tendency of a person, how he will react and behave in a particular situation or towards a particular object. But the behavior is not static, it changes with the advancement of information.
Social influence is the impact created on one person’s emotion, opinion or behavior by any other person or group of people with or without the intention to do so. The types of social influence are as follows:
- Compliance: when a person does not show or consent that he has an influence of any person but actually agrees with the norms and styles of that person and implement in his own life.
- Identification: when a person gets influenced by some person who is liked or respected in society as a famous celebrity.
- Internalization: when a person follows any other person and accept it publicly and privately.
Emotion is a mental state of a person that determines how a person live and interact with other persons. Emotions influence the actions we took in our day to day life, the perception we made and the experience we feel at any given moment. Basic emotions in every human are Happiness, Sadness, Fear, Disgust, Anger and Surprise.
Involvement: involvement refers to the atmosphere in which every employee participates in the decision making a process or any activity that builds a conducive environment in an organization and group of people.
Motivation is the factor that provides satisfaction to the person and increases his willingness to perform a certain task or activity. Motivation actually resulted in the interaction of both conscious and unconscious factors that boost the morale of a person. Basically, motivation is of two types: Intrinsic that is influenced by internal factors of a person and extrinsic that are influenced by external factors of a person.
Information processing is the change or addition in the information by the observer. Every person has its own perception and way to accept and process the information that is why every person conceives the same information in different ways. The processing of information can be done in vertical and horizontal verticals. To processing of data is done through the use of algorithms and analysis tools to derive significant message from information.