How to make the reflective video journal?
1. To make a reflective video journal on the ethical issues accompany marketing practices, one must have the knowledge about the marketing practices followed by an organization.
2. The marketing practices of a company can be critically reviewed using the Marketing Mix tool. This tool could be used to review 7Ps or 4Ps. Marketing mix is a tool which is used by the firm for achieving market objectives and targets of the company through marketing practices. The marketing mix using 4 Ps is used analyze the marketing strategies of the organization in the terms of product, price place and promotion but now it is extended to 7 Ps with addition of process, people and physical evidence.
3. or the critical analysis of the marketing mix of an organization, one must have knowledge about the ethical principles to be followed by a firm in the terms of 4Ps or 7 Ps. Following are some ethical principles to be considered while the critical evaluation of the marketing practices of a firm: -
a. Opportunities for disadvantaged procedures
b. Transparency & accountability
c. Fair Trade Practices
d. Fair Payment
e. No child and forced labor
f. No discrimination, gender equity, freedom of association
g. Good working conditions
h. Capacity Building
i. Promote fair trade
j. Respect Environment
All the above are the principles those define the ethical marketing. Ethical marketing is a marketing process through which the organizations can generate and improve the customer interest in their products/services, can build strong customer interest/relationships, and can create the high value for all stakeholders by incorporating social and environmental considerations in the marketing practices. These marketing practices could be in the terms of product, price, promotion, place, people, process and physical evidence. To be an ethical marketing product, price, promotion, place, people, process and physical evidence of the company must not affect the public interest in the terms of defined 10 principles.
4. If the selected organization is not following the ethical principles while marketing its products and services, then the marketing practices of the organization are prone to some ethical issues.
5. For making a video journal on this, one must put all these findings in the video presentation by following the steps mentioned as below: -
a. Create first slide on the introduction which must include the purpose of the video
b. Create the second slide for the selected organizational background
c. Create the third slide for the ethical principles to be considered by the organization for its marketing practices.
d. Create 3 to 4 slides for the critical analysis of the marketing practices of the organization using marketing mix tool in the context of ethical principles for marketing practices.
e. Create a slide for the Identified the ethical issues in the marketing mix of the organization.
f. Create a slide to define some recommendations with the innovative marketing practices to deal with the identified ethical issues in the marketing practices.