The software development team of Headspace NewAccess Project can use FURPS+ for classifying the quality attributes of the system. These quality attributes have been explained in the below section:
- Functionality – The functionality attribute demonstrates all functional requirements of the system such as mail, instant healthcare service, reporting, receipt printing, information management etc.
- Usability – The design of the project should be consistent and aesthetic. The system should be responsive in nature as it will help the healthcare organizations to offer better usability services to their patients. The software development team should focus on accessibility of services while designing the proposed new project.
- Reliability – The proposed project will support recoverability from shut down failure.
- Performance – Attributes like throughput, scalability, capacity, resource consumption, efficiency and speed should be considered for evaluating the system performance.
- Supportability – The proposed system should support localizability, install-ability, extensibility, adaptability, configurability, modifiability, flexibility and testability.
Review of cloud based solution for Headspace NewAccess Project
A cloud computing is a model for enabling on-demand, convenient and ubiquitous network access to a shared pool of resources (e.g. services, applications, storage, servers and networks). These configurable computing resources can be provisioned and released with minimum service provider interaction.
Strengths of cloud based solution
Cloud based information systems has ability to increase the business flexibility. The healthcare service providers can access patient’s data via internet from anywhere. Cost reduction is another benefit which have been enjoyed by the companies with the adoption of cloud computing.
Weaknesses of cloud based solution
As the number of internet users are increasing, so the probability of attacks using cyber terrorists, worms and viruses also increases. Moreover, hackers can access confidential data of organizations or users by performing an authentication attack. It is highly challenging to maintain compliance with SLA requirements and security requirements.
Pros and cons of Predictive and adaptive SDLC approaches
Pros of Predictive SDLC approach
Predictive approach allows project management team to accurately predict the timelines and budget. As each phase of this approach has defined milestones and deliverables so, it is quite easy to manage.
Cons of predictive approach
New requirements could not be included in the system during testing or later phases of software development life cycle in the predictive approach.
Pros of Adaptive SDLC approach
It supports client engagement during each and every phase of software development life cycle which leads to customer satisfaction. In this approach, the project breaks down in smaller components for developing a quality project.
Cons of Adaptive SDLC approach
It might be difficult for end users to complete project development within estimated time due to extensive user involvement in adaptive SDLC approach.
Recommend best approach for Headspace NewAccess project
For developing a Headspace NewAccess Project, Adaptive Software Development Life Cycle approach will be preferred as it supports extensive user engagement during project designing and development.