A brief account of Computer Technology and its implications
Computer technology is referred to as technology incorporated in the computer. Computer technology has a significant impact in the areas of learning and teaching. The advantage of computer technology is spectacular to our society. (Fu Hefang and Li Zhaoxia, 2010) Computer-based technology plays a vital role in the field of education, in which students learn efficiently with the help of computers instead of reading books or research using encyclopedias. Computers are capable to grab the attention of students by the attractive colours, sound, and animated graphics. Computer technology facilitates students to communicate with friends, teachers, parents and the world. Computer technology deployment in the classroom not only help the student to explore their viewpoint but also help the faculty members to maintain proper records of the students, plan lessons, communicate with their parents regarding the performance of the student in the classroom. So computer technology plays a massive role in the education sector. Computer technology has a wide range of scope it is not only confined to the educated sector but it is useful for every domain such as in banking, automobiles, mechanicals, etc. most of the business activities depends on the computer technology. Business activities are planned and monitored with the help of computer technology. The computer also plays a vital role in the hospitals, to maintain the information of patients, administration, accounting, billing, appointments etc. It also helps the doctors in performing various surgeries. With the use of computer monitors, tools and camera doctors conduct an operation.
Computer technology advantages-
- Computer technology helps to remains in touch with friends and family. It also helps to re-connect with an old Computer technology facilitates the user to make new friends by using social media platforms such as Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. people also use online data (LinkedIn) to socialize and connect with others.
- Computer technology plays an important role in the Education Sector. It facilitates the students to explore their experience and learn efficiently. Computers are capable to grab the attention of students by the attractive colours, sound, and animated graphics. Computer technology facilitates students to communicate with friends, teachers, parents and the world.
- (Reetanon, Lertkunvanicht, and Sombunsukho, 2010) For Shopping purpose computer technology is used- as nowadays, the majority of shopping is completed online. Hence computer technology facilitates the users to buy thing online by using e-commerce websites such as Amazon.
- Robots that are associated with computer technologies are used in the medical field to perform key-hole surgery on patients.
- Google maps can be used by many people to navigate themselves from one place to another place by using a paperback version of maps.
- Computer technology helps to enhance productivity. For example- word Processor can be used to store, edit, delete, share, print, create documents and letters. All these things are not possible with pre-existing technology.
- Computer technology can store books, documents, pictures, movies, and songs and can be used to establish a communication channel between different devices.
- Computer technology helps to sort, organize and optimal search information in short duration of time.
- People can also make money by using computer technology. By launching their website and blogs people can make money.
- Usage of computer technology saves time in shopping activities, banking activities, food ordering related services
- Computer technology is a source of Entertainment. When people connected to the internet they start watching online video from well renown sites such as Amazon, Netflix, and YouTube etc.
Computer technology disadvantages-
- No doubt that Computer technology facilitates the user to make new friends by using social media platforms such as Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. many people use the identity to other for crime purpose.
- (Jianhong, 2010) a wide range of games is available on computer technology that adversely affects the health and lifestyle of the students. Due to games, children reduce their interest in reading books and getting knowledge.
- Computer technology is used for the development of robots where robots are more efficient and stronger than human in working abilities. Hence the development of robots in society led to
- In case of the medical field if computer breakdowns or crashes and documents were not saved then it led to a great loss for the medical department. If a robotic machine is not working properly during surgery, then it will be harmful to the patients because it may have led to improper surgery.
Impact of computer technology in our public and private life-
By using computer technology, public businesses have gained a lot of advantages in expanding their products in the market. Computer technology invented communication methods such as emails, fax, video calls, audio call etc. in order to reduce waiting time. A lot of business persons do not attend meetings, they use computer technologies and convey their business processes and plan. The advancement in technology reduces time and pressure on the people that are always in travelling state from one end to other.
Problems associated with computer technology are-
As the computer technology handles an only a limited amount of data because of confined memory. With the evolution of technology, the data also increase that is named as big data. Computer technology cannot able to handle the data this is the major problem associated with computer technology. Resources such as RAM, ROM deployed in the computer technology having limited memory buffer that cannot able to process a large amount of data simultaneously.
Fu Hefang and Li Zhaoxia (2010). Research and discussion on Introduction to Computer Science and Technology teaching based on methodology. 2010 2nd International Conference on Education Technology and Computer.
Jianhong, S. (2010). Solving Strategies Research for the Negative Impact of Computer Technology on Education. 2010 Second International Workshop on Education Technology and Computer Science.
Reetanon, K., Lertkunvanicht, S. and Sombunsukho, S. (2010). Development of information systems for computer room services management at major of computer and Information Technology, phase 1. 2010 2nd International Conference on Computer Technology and Development.