What is Network Protocol?
Network protocol is a rules and regulations that governs the communication between one node to another on a network. In other words, protocols basically include guidelines that regulates the properties of network. The communication between nodes can be take place with the help of network protocols. The network protocols are designed in order to establish communication channel between nodes that are physically separated from each other. There are number network protocols such as Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP), Hypertext Transfer protocol (HTTP), Post Office Protocol (POP), File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) that governs communication between nodes. There are total five network protocols namely Ethernet, local talk, token ring, FDDI and ATM.
What is Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)?
SDLC is used for the development of software to ensure that the developed project will successfully accomplish requirements of the customers. It is basically a systematic approach which includes problem definition, program design, coding, debugging, testing, documentation, maintenance and redesigning. SDLC comprises of six phases namely requirement gathering, requirement analysis, designing, coding and programming, testing, and maintenance.
- Requirement gathering- In this phase project management and business analyst gather all functional and non-functional requirements of the project. Moreover, project manager evaluates the project scope in order to evaluate the desired project functionality.
- Requirement analysis- After requirement gathering process the functional and non- functional requirement are analyzed. Moreover, the functionally behavior of project is also evaluated in this phase in which all requirement are documented in the SRS (Software Requirement Specification) document.
- Designing phase- In this phase, the conceptual and physical designs of project are prepared by the software designer. In addition to this, the database is also created and designed according to the requirements of the customer.
- Programing and Implementation phase- In this phase, programmer design code for each modules according to required functionality. Along with this, programmer use innovative skills in order to bring innovation in the project.
- Testing and Execution phase- The tester designs test case in order to check the functionality of each developed module. Moreover, tester integrates the modules to test the functional behaviors of integrated modules.
- Maintenance- In this phase, the changes are also incorporated in the developed project so that project will satisfy the requirements of the customer.
What is ITSM?
ITSM is the abbreviated form of IT Service Management, which is used to ensure that whether the aligned business needs are supportive or not. All IT organizations use ITSM for the management of IT services. Moreover, ITSM comprises of set of processes, functions that are used to provide benefits to customer in terms of services and products. ITSM is used for event management, incident management, request management and problem management in IT based organizations that are providing IT based services to customers.
What are the benefits that are associated with the ITSM?
- ITSM is used to improve the quality and efficiency of business processes. Moreover, organizations use ITSM for the identification of areas for improvement in terms of quality.
- ITSM help business organizations to reduce the impact of risk along with this the organizations can speed up their performance level in the market by reducing the impact of risk.
- With the use of ITSM, organizations can develop optimal strategic plan in order to improve the business operational activities.