Steps to overcome Global work challenges
A management design the work or job, which is attributable to the skills and attitude of an employee. The arrangement of workplace activities to remove employee dissatisfaction and alienation, which will increase the productivity of employees and provides a sense of satisfaction and achievement. The work design must be flexible, which can be modified with changing needs and demands. The working environment is very complex in this globalized world and requires an organization to maintain a balance between flexibility and control of work. The control is necessary to maintain consistency and cost efficiency, consistency and efficiency is possible if it provides flexibility to innovate and perform creative operations.
Managing workplace health and safety refers to the formulation and following policies related to health and safety measures of an organization to protect all the members from any accident or ill health. The policies are periodically reviewed and updated to maintain high standards of health and safety in an organization. A successful system of security requires the following steps to be considered while planning safety and health measures:
- Make a Commitment: A management of an organization requires to be committed towards health and safety measures, it has to formulate a policy that will emphasize the importance of measures taken. The management must involve employees by conducting meetings and employ resources to protect them. Employees must be involved in the formulation of policies as they can provide the information about problems they faced in their work.
- Identify and Control Hazards: A management has to identify hazards, by reviewing records, conducting the survey from employees, information from inspection reports and governmental regulations. The identified hazards have to be controlled by ascertaining their priority, making plans and take corrective measures. The changes made must be evaluated, whether new policies have lower down the threats or not.
- Train Employees: A management must train employees regularly to face hazards of the workplace, the training must be according to governmental regulations. Training is also not the activity of one time, they have to be retrained as per updated standards, change of job, after long absentees, etc.
- Support a Culture of Safety: A Management must support a system of the culture of safety by maintaining high standards and proper communication system to respond to the needs and concerns of workers and ensure a safe workplace. The system must be improved and updated regularly, by analyzing the change in external as well as the internal environment of an organization.
Workplace Negotiation Process: Negotiation is a process through which two or more parties come to consensus without arguments and disputes. The negotiation must be based upon fairness, mutual benefit and cordial relationship between key parties of the negotiation process. In the workplace, employees or members of an organization has to negotiate with management or other employees to achieve higher performance. To conduct proper negotiation, the process has to be followed by the party, which is as follows:
- Preparation: To start a negotiation, one must have the knowledge of all the facts or information about the subject matter to state significant perspective to be on gaining side.
- Discuss: Every party to negotiation requires to discuss their facts and demands to be in gaining position and achieve the goal of the negotiation process. The discussion must be according to determined goals of negotiation so that resources could not be wasted and must add value to an organization.
- Agreement and implementation: The negotiation will come to an end when all the parties to the negotiation are in a win-win situation without any dispute and are in consensus. They must adopt a course of action and implement in their operations.