BSBPMG522 Portfolio of documents & Observation
Leadership And Change Management
Assessment No: 2
BSBPMG522|Portfolio of documents & Observation
Student’s Score cards
Assessment Task 2: Portfolio of documents & Observation
Assessment Task 2: Portfolio of documents & Observation
This assessment task requires you, in response to a simulated business scenario, to work collaboratively with your project team to administer and monitor the project plan developed in Assessment Task 1 in order to achieve the project deliverables of the simulated business – Max Lionel Realty.
During this assessment task you are required to participate in project meeting/s, provide appropriate support to one team member, and then submit: a written record of agreement with roles and responsibilities; three status reports as per record-keeping requirements; risk management reports: change requests and/or issues logs; draft project deliverables for quality assurance; final project deliverables
There are four (4) parts to this assessment task. Part A requires you, using the workplace information provided for Max Lionel realty in Appendixes 1 and 2 in Assessment Task 1 and the Scenario information provided below, to determine the monitoring and record-keeping system requirements, and also determine any personal need for support of a team member. In part B you will then meet with your assigned project team members and take minutes of the meeting. In Part C, you will plan to and then meet with the team member to provide support. In Part D, you will develop risk management reports and submit all documentation to the Operations General Manager (the Assessor).
To satisfactorily complete this assessment task, you are required to undertake each activity in the order listed below, to an acceptable industry standard:
- Students are to read the simulated business documentation, including policies and procedures, in the document ‘Max Lionel Realty - Simulated Business’, provided in Appendix 1 of Assessment Task 1.
- Students should then review the templates contained in the document ‘IBSA - Project planning templates’ for possible use or adaptation in completing project requirements. These documents are provided in Appendix 2.
- Students should then read the information supplied in the Max Lionel Realty Scenario below.
Max Lionel Realty
It is now time to implement the project you initiated, planned for and negotiated in Assessment Task 1.
Work with your team to achieve agreed deliverables on time, to budget, and up to the required standard. Manage contingencies and renegotiate project with stakeholders as required.
As per organisational project management record keeping system requirements, your Operations General Manager requires regular status reports to record:
- financial management and budget control
- project milestones, for example:
- quality review completion
- outcomes and deliverables
Submit three status reports over course of project: at 25%, 50%, 75% of timeframe.
Risk management reports need to be submitted to the project sponsor for each contingency managed.
Recall the quality standards for deliverables:
- clearly communicate legal obligations, REIV obligations
- no grammar or spelling errors
- professional but friendly language
- fair and flexible delivery for intended audience
- meet audience requirements and sensitive to information needs.
Once Students have reviewed all three documents, they should:
Determine monitoring and record-keeping system requirements from the Scenario for project as planned.
Determine personal need for support.
Students should then arrange a suitable time and date for the project team to meet. During this project team meeting and/or over a period of time at subsequent meetings, Students should work collaboratively with fellow team members and undertake the following activities:
- Clarify roles and responsibilities and ensure written record of agreement, e.g. obtain signatures on roles and responsibilities using the template provided
- Determine need for support and inform team members of your support needs
- Discuss monitoring and record-keeping systems as required by the organisation
- Discuss risk processes for identifying risks and risk management approaches.
- Take minutes of the meeting(s). Note: Minutes of these meetings should be attached to the project status reports. Teams may need to meet on several occasions and the meetings may be observed by the assessor.
Plan to support a team member. Students must arrange suitable time with the identified team member and the Assessor to observe them providing support as identified in PART B. Students may, for example, provide assistance with deliverables, coach, train, etc. Students should ensure they adhere to budgetary constraints and timelines. All resources and time spent on the project will count towards expenditure.
Meet with team member to provide support. Assessors will observe Students as they provide a form of support such as coaching, helping with deliverables.
Students will then work independently of and with the team to undertake risk management as per the project plan. Students and the team should develop and provide risk management reports, which may include change requests and/or issues logs. Students may use or adapt the ‘IBSA Project Planning Templates’ provided.
The Operations General Manager (the Assessor) will inform the project team of the contingencies that they will need to manage. Students should coordinate actions with their project team members. Each team member will have at least one contingency to manage.
Students and the team should then submit for approval to the Operations General Manager:
- A written record of agreement with roles and responsibilities
- Three status reports as per record-keeping requirements
- Risk management reports: change requests and/or issues logs draft project deliverables for quality assurance
- Final project deliverables.
Students must achieve from the Operations General Manager, by way of a satisfactory result for this assessment task, confirmation that the team has successfully administered and monitored the simulated project plan for Max Lionel Realty, before commencing Assessment Task 3.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication
Here is how, we will write your assignment
We write your assignment in the following proposed way and we make sure that it is strictly in accordance to your assignment guidelines and each section of the assignment is written with respect to its marking criteria/ rubric.