BSBPMG522 Portfolio of Project Planning documents Assessment and Tutor Proposal
Portfolio of Project Planning documents
Assessment No: 1
BSBPMG522|Portfolio of Project Planning documents
Student’s Score cards
Task 1: Portfolio of Project Planning documents
Task 1: Portfolio of Project Planning documents
- Read the simulated business documentation, including policies and procedures, in the document ‘Max Lionel Realty - Simulated Business’, provided in Appendix 1 of this Assessment Task 1.
- Review the templates contained in the document ‘IBSA - Project planning templates’ for possible use or adaptation in completing project requirements. These documents are provided in Appendix 2.
- Students should then read the information supplied in the Max Lionel Realty Scenario below.
- Once reviewed all three documents, you should then arrange a suitable time and date for the project team to meet with and to receive additional details from the Operations General Manager (the Assessor) of the project team, about cost, skills, and suggested project deliverables and timeframes. During this project team meeting and/or over a period of time at subsequent meetings, Students should work collaboratively with fellow team members and undertake the following activities:
- Determine the project scope. The team should develop appropriate initiation and scope documents for discussion with Operations General Manager (the Assessor).
- Determine additional documentation required to determine project and develop deliverables.
- Define project stakeholders. Students are to determine how they will engage and manage stakeholders to achieve the project objectives.
- Develop communication and stakeholder management plans for discussion. The team should consider all scenario information and the organisational structure of Max Lionel realty to determine stakeholders and stakeholder interests.
- Simulating the business scenario, identify personal responsibilities and reporting requirements.
- Determine relationship of project to other projects, systems, business operations, strategic aims of organisation, and external legislative requirements.
- Determine resources and access to resources. Consult with Operations General Manager (the assessor) to clarify if necessary.
- Determine the project management tools, such as software (e.g. Microsoft Word, MS Excel, and MS Project) and templates, etc that will be used in the project plan. Note: Students may source their own software tools or use or adapt the templates provided in Appendix 2 of this Assessment Task.
Then, working independently of also with the team, Students should:
- Using an appropriate project management tool, develop the project plan, which will be Project Plan Version 1. Included in this initial plan should be:
- A work breakdown structure: stages of development or of task completion (Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate); opportunities for (peer and stakeholder) review and feedback; coordination of roles and sharing of responsibility for deliverables; dependencies
- Roles and responsibilities for each team member
- Resourcing requirements.
Develop a Risk Management Plan Version 1 for discussion. Included in this initial plan should be a consideration of WHS risk management. Students must:
- Research and review all possible the legal and ethical obligations (particularly with respect to WHS and anti-discrimination legislation) in the context of the project plan.
- Identify, assess and suggest treatment of at least three additional risks, including financial risk.
- Record the risks on a risk register and complete a risk assessment document for each risk. Students may use software tools or use or adapt the templates provided in Appendix 2.
Develop a Budget Version 1 for the project. Students may use software tools or use or adapt the templates provided in Appendix 2.
Once the teams Project Plan, Risk Management Plan and the Budget are developed, Students and their team members should:
- Arrange to meet with the Operations General Manager (the Assessor) to consult and discuss:
- Project scope
- Additional documentation required to determine project and develop deliverables
- Project stakeholders
- Personal responsibilities
- Relationship of project to other projects, systems, strategic aims of organisation
- Resources and access to resources
- Portfolio of documents:
- project initiation and scope documents
- project plan (version 1)
- risk management plan (version 1)
- budget (version 1).
During the meeting Students and their fellow team members must solicit feedback from the Operations General Manager (the Assessor) on each of the three (3) Version 1 drafts and ensure understanding of any additional project issues or changes to project parameters.
After the meeting Students should meet with their project team to:
- Negotiate roles and responsibilities
- Agree on Version 2 of documents for approval by the Operations General Manager (the Assessor):
- Project plan (version 2)
- Risk management plan (version 2)
- Budget (version 2).
- The team must incorporate the Operations General Manager’s (the Assessor) feedback into planning project: Note: The meeting will be observed by the Assessor. Students should follow their communication plan or agree to a time and date. When meeting with the team Students should be:
- Accommodating and conscious of varying skill levels, interests, backgrounds of other members of the project team.
- At the conclusion of the meeting, Students will then work independently of and with the team and develop and submit the project initiation and scope documents and the three (3) Versions 1 & 2 (six in total) of their final planning documentation for approval to the Operations General Manager.
Students must achieve approval of the project plan, by way of a satisfactory result for this assessment task before commencing Assessment Task 2.
Context of assessment conditions
- This assessment task may be completed in a classroom, workplace or independent learning environment.
- Students must complete the Assessment Cover Sheet.
- Submissions must be made in written form unless reasonable adjustments are approved by the RTO manager. Submissions must be hand written and/or word-processed.
o achieve a satisfactory result, you must:
- Meet with Operations General Manager to discuss project scope and portfolio of planning documents
- Participate in project meeting/s with project team
- Submit individual copies of:
- Project initiation and scope documents, including: a project brief; a project scope; a stakeholder analysis; a communication plan; roles and responsibilities; project snapshot
- A project plan (version 1 and version 2)
- A risk management plan (risk register and risk assessment for each of four risks) (version 1 and version 2)
- A budget (version 1 and version 2).
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication
Here is how, we will write your assignment
We write your assignment in the following proposed way and we make sure that it is strictly in accordance to your assignment guidelines and each section of the assignment is written with respect to its marking criteria/ rubric.