CMI3416 Effective Research & Professional Practice Assignment 1
The University of HuddersField
Assignment 1 Academic Literature Review
Assessment No: 1
CMI3416|Effective Research & Professional Practice
Student’s Score cards
Academic Literature Review
For this assignment, you need to conduct and write an academic literature review on a topic of your choice, relevant to your degree. The review should demonstrate an understanding of the field of research related to the chosen topic and a firm grasp of competing hypotheses in the area. In preparing your submission, you need to take into account the following notes regarding topic choice, structure and content requirements.
Choosing your Topic
The topic of your literature review has to be related to one of the areas of research and/or practice that are associated with your degree. In choosing your topic, you may indicatively get inspiration from any undergraduate or postgraduate modules and projects you have undertaken, or any experience gained from placement or employment. Feedback on your topic choice will be provided from your tutors. You are advised to make your choice sooner rather than later and certainly within the first 3-4 weeks of term.
You are free to structure your review in any way that you feel is more suitable to your topic. Indicatively, you can structure it as a standard essay, containing:
- An introductory section where you can define your topic, state the scope of the review and explain the organisation of the rest of the document.
- The main body where the review of relevant literature is provided.
- A concluding section where you briefly summarise the most important aspects of the literature review and point out potential gaps in existing research.
- A list of references (which is NOT included in the word count).
The content of your literature review is directly dependent on your topic. However, the following are required as minimum:
- An appreciation of the professional, legal and ethical issues that are relevant to the chosen topic.
- For IS students this may involve the ethics of dealing with trade-offs for different groups of stakeholders.
- For Computing students this may involve the ethics of cutting-edge software development for commercial purposes.
- For AI students, this may involve the significant legal and ethical challenges raised by the use of AI.
- For DA students, this may involve issues related to data privacy and protection.
- A critical analysis of the most important academic publications relevant to the chosen topic, summarising their content, strengths and weaknesses.
- Referencing must strictly follow the APA 6th style which is used at the University of Huddersfield.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication