COIT20261 Written assignment Network Routing and Switching Assessment and Tutor Proposal
COIT20261 Written assignment Network Routing and Switching
Assessment No: 1
COIT20261|Network Routing and Switching
Student’s Score cards
The first two questions are based on this scenario.
Assume that you are the System Administrator for a new company site with 120 employees working in four major departments: Services (60 people), Marketing (40 people), Finance (10 people) and Executive (15 people). Executive, Accounting and Marketing each have a file server and an enterprise-level printer. All employees have been allocated a Windows workstation. No devices have been configured yet as the company was waiting for an IP allocation from their ISP to set up the new network.
The company’s ISP has just allocated the following block to the company: 220.127.116.11/23. Your boss asks you to inform her of the following:
Question 1 – Information about the Address
- Show your calculations for all of these questions.
- How many addresses are available in the block allocated to the company, including all special addresses? (1 mark)
- What is the network address of the block? (1 mark)
- What is the direct broadcast address of the block?
Question 2– Allocating subnets from a block
(Continues from Q1) Your boss now assigns you the task of configuring the subnets for all the departments, ensuring that each department has enough addresses plus at least 5 spare. Each department is to have its own subnet. All allocations should be contiguous addresses. Addresses left over should be allocated to a single subnet called General. Put prefixes in CIDR format.
- How many addresses will you allocate to each department? Show how you worked out the number (essential). (3 marks)
- Calculate the subnet address, including prefix, for each department and include the General subnet. Show your calculations. (5 marks).
Question 3 – Network Tools (Windows)
Often the best way to gain an initial familiarity with network tools is to simply use them at a basic level, exploring them as suggested in some of the tutorial exercises. Some tools you should explore include Ipconfig, Tracert, Netstat, Ping and Arp. These are all included in Windows, while Wireshark is free to download and install. In this Question you will explore Wireshark and Netstat. Go ahead and do some introductory level readings using online sources, then answer the questions following, using your own words.
Wireshark is a packet scanning tool widely used to capture and analyse network traffic for diagnostic, troubleshooting or security purposes. You should not use wireshark on any network without permission from network owners, and this includes CQU. For learning purposes, use Wireshark only on networks you own, such as your home network. Explore/read up on Wireshark, then answer the following questions.
A wireshark scan has produced a packet capture, saved to a file named wireshark_pcap01.pcapng and available on the Unit website. Download the file and open it in Wireshark, then answer these Questions about the scan:
- View Frame 7: Was this packet from client to server, or server to client? What type of application was responsible for this message? Explain your reasoning (essential). (1 mark)
- View Frames 9 & 10: Describe with as much detail as you can with the data given in both frames about what is happening here – look up any protocols you’re not sure of (1 mark)
Netstat can give various information about the computer’s network connections depending on the parameter (or switch) used. Type ‘netstat /?’ to see a list of available switches and try some of them out on your laptop/network to see the information you get. Read up on this tool, then answer the 3 questions following.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication