Federation University ITECH1400 Fundamentals of Programming Assessment Item 1
Fundamentals of Programming
Assessment No: 1
ITECH1400|Fundamentals of Programming
Student’s Score cards
Create an activity chart which describes the behavior of the ticket sales system
The Federation University Australia Robot Wars are about to commence! The competitors are busy training and now it’s time to prepare to sell spectator tickets.
Your task is to design, develop and test a small application for purchasing and recording ticket sales to this event
The assignment is broken up into three main components:
- Design and model two classes: Ticket and Checkout
- Create an activity chart which describes the behavior of the ticket sales system
- Create a computer program that allows a user to interactively purchase a number of tickets, then provides an opportunity to enter some (fake) credit card information to pay for the tickets, and finally, prints out a receipt for the user (to the screen, not on paper). Finally, the program should backup all the transactions into a text file
Your submission should consist of a Word document containing the first two parts of the assignment, and three Python scripts that implement the computer program (ticket.py, checkout.py and main.py).
The main.py script runs the main logic of the program and will use instances of Ticket and Checkout classes to simulate purchasing a spectator ticket.
Part 1: Design and Model Two Classes
This stage requires you to prepare documentation that describes the function of the program and how it is to be tested. There is no coding or code testing involved in this stage.
- Read all of this assignment sheet first!!!
- Write an algorithm that describes how the program will operate.
- All program requirements must be included, even if you do not end up including all these requirements in your program code.
- The algorithm must be structured logically so that the program would function correctly.
- Create class diagrams for the Ticket and Checkout classes
Add everything to your Word document.
Part 2: Activity Flowchart
Using either the online website https://draw.io(preferred), or the applications Visio or PowerPoint – create an activity diagram of how the program should operate to successfully purchase one or more tickets, accept payment, print a receipt for the user and backup the transaction to a text file.
Make sure to use the correct symbols in your diagram for starting, processes, decisions/branches, and ending the process.
Remember to do some (fake) checks when the user enters their credit card details e.g. that enough numbers have been entered.
Once you have completed your activity flowchart, add it to your Word document.
Part 3: Computer Program
You are free to design and implement the software however you see fit. Here are some requirements that must be incorporated into your program
- You must display a welcome message when the program starts. At a minimum, this message should contain the name of your program, the name of the program developer and your student ID.
- The welcome message should also have a row of asterisks at the top and the bottom, just long enough to extend over the text. Hint: Use a For loop for this.
- When the user goes to purchase tickets, they should be able to purchase a child, adult, senior or concession ticket(s). Each ticket category should cost a different amount; it’s up to you to choose how much each ticket costs. They should be able to purchase as many tickets (across all categories) as they like
- When the user goes to finalise their order, the total cost should display on screen. Your program should then ask the user to enter their (fake) credit card details, check the credit card details and, if ‘valid’, display a final receipt
- Finally, the program should backup the transaction into a text file
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication
Here is how, we will write your assignment
We write your assignment in the following proposed way and we make sure that it is strictly in accordance to your assignment guidelines and each section of the assignment is written with respect to its marking criteria/ rubric.
TUTOR PROPOSAL FOR : ITECH1400|Fundamentals of Programming
ITECH1400 Assessment 1 is about Federation University Australia Robot Wars in which the main task is to prepare a mobile application to sell spectator tickets. According to the task given in this assessment, I will prepare a design, develop and test the small application for recording and purchasing ticket sales for this event. This assignment is separated into three different components and I will prepare it according to these components by using following steps:
- First of all, I will design and model two classes such as check out and ticket, which are the main components of required application.
- Secondly, I will create a proper activity chart that will describe the complete behaviour about ticket sales system which is to be prepared for this assignment.
- In third step, computer program will be created that will allow the user to purchase required tickets. It will also provide an opportunity for entering credit card information in order to pay for purchased ticket and also print out receipt for the users.
I will prepare the word document for this assessment containing two parts of the assignment and third part will cover python scripts that will help in the implementation of program. In this, main.py will run the main logic about program and will also use instances for checkout and ticket classes in order to simulate purchasing the ticket. Different parts will be covered in this assessment (ITECH1400 Fundamentals of Programming) as given below:
Part 1: Design and model classes
In this stage, I will prepare documentation that will describe the function related to the program and methods to test it. I will not involve any coding in this stage, which is a main requirement of this assessment. In order to do this part of the report, I will cover following requirements:
- Initially, I will read the assignment sheet.
- An algorithm will be written that can describe the method with which the program will operate. In this, all the requirements related to program will be included. Along with this, I will structure the overall algorithm logically so that it will function correctly.
- After this, I will create class diagrams for two different classes such as ticket and check out. All details will be added to the word document.
Part 2: Activity Flowchart
In this part of the report, I will create activity diagram in order to demonstrate that how to program will upgrade for purchasing tickets, accepting payments, printing receipts for users and backup all the transactions to text file. In order to create activity diagram, I will use https://draw.io, which is an online platform to create the diagrams and flowcharts. In order to do this part of the report, I will cover following requirements:
- I will use correct symbols in the diagram for starting, processes, branches and ending the entire process.
- I will also do some fake checks when a user enters their personal details about credit cards. After completing this activity flowchart, I will add this detail to the word document.
Part 3: Computer Program
The third part of the assignment is about computer program in which I will design and implement the software properly. Different requirements that I will incorporate into the program are as follows:
- I will display a welcome message while starting the program. This message will contain the name of the program, the name of the developer as well as your student id.
- This welcome message will also have row related to asterisks at bottom and top.
- The program will allow users to purchase tickets for adult, child, senior or concessions. The amount of each ticket category will be different and the cost will be shown at the screen for all the tickets. It will allow the users to purchase more tickets at a time.
Are you looking for best assignment help to complete your ITECH1400 Fundamentals of Programming Assignment 1? Assignmenthelp4me is always here to help you in completing your assignment. We have a team of expert writers experienced in programming. You can hire them anytime and complete your programming tasks with high quality and zero- plagiarism. We surely deliver your assignments before week 7 by hiring our expert tutors.