INF10003 Introduction to Business Information Systems Assignment Outline Assessment and Tutor Proposal
INF10003 Introduction to Business Information Systems Assignment Outline
Assessment No: 3
INF10003|Introduction to Business Information Systems
Student’s Score cards
Assignment 3 Outline
The primary aim of this assessment is to understand the effect and impact that business processes, complimentary technologies and information systems have on an organisation. This means that you need to discuss how the organisation within the case study will use your proposed solutions to gain an additional advantage over its competitors. There is an expectation that your submission will be analytical, and will draw on theory to frame responses to tasks.
(read the case study) The general manager of GDF would like to have a clearer understanding before these changes are implemented so he has asked you to submit a business report (with academic references) with the following information:
- Complete the spreadsheet with the appropriate formulas (refer Task A)
- Within the spreadsheet, create three (3) graphs (refer Task A)
- Complete one (1) process models depicting the proposed ‘To-Be’ processes (refer Task B)
- Develop a prototype mobile application with 4-8 mock-up designs (refer Task C)
- Answering a series of general questions regarding the business and its journey towards a more technological business environment. (refer Task D)
Task A: EXCEL for Business Intelligence
GDF wants to evaluate the sales statistics for the past year and the current year to predict future sales. The general manager knows enough about Excel to realise it could be a useful tool so he has asked you to create a Microsoft Excel prototype which lists the milk product types with the client ordering details and the revenues collected. The partly completed spreadsheet from a random average week (week 2) is available as a separate attachment. Sales data is collected on a 52-week cycle. PLEASE NOTE: Do not adjust any data already provided by the client.
Spreadsheet Requirements: Complete the spreadsheet by using the correct formulas to fill in the missing data.
- In the “Ordering Raw Data” table complete the “Equiv Litre per Crate/Carton” column In the “Ordering Raw Data” table complete the “Supplier Price per unit” and “Retail Sale price per unit” columns.
- In the “Milk Products” table complete the “Supplier Price per unit” column.
- In the “Customer Order (week2) review” table complete the “Total Orders 2019 (W2)”.
- Complete the missing macro functions and create an additional two (2) unique macro functions.
- Complete the milk production table
The formulas required to reveal the missing data include Vlookup, Countif and Sum. Absolute addressing is also required.
Spreadsheet Graphs: You are also required to create three (3) graphs
- Column chart: Show total orders by customers for all 3 years (2018-2020).
- Column or Pie chart: By using the milk production data, create a chart showing illustrating these figures.
- Create a Column or Pie chart: Your choice. This chart can reflect an element from any of the data tables that you feel will add value to the user.
Task B: BUSINESS PROCESS MODELS
1. The first Swim Lane diagram ‘As-Is’ is provided. Use this model and the provided template to assist you in developing a second Swim Lane diagram that represents the proposed ‘To-Be’ application processes at GDF. (Partly completed template will be provided)
Task C: The Mobile App
Develop a prototype mobile application (with 4-8 mock-up designs) that will allow the business to promote their milk products as well as allowing the business customers to complete a product order (including payments). The app should also provide feedback to the business customers about the progress of their order and estimated time of delivery. Provide an overview of this app in your report including.
- Its purpose and links to the business functions.
- The alignment to design considerations including 3 design principles and 3 usability guidelines.
- The expected benefits, including plausible (researched) increases in business and efficiency gains.
Task D: General Questions.
- What is the role of business process modelling for organisations such as GDF? What are the benefits of providing an As-Is model and a To-Be model to the General Manager. Include your Swim Lane Diagram (from Task B) as part of your explanation
- Broadly explain the importance of information in organisations like GDF and provide an example of how Information Technology can be a useful tool for attracting new customers and gathering information. Provide some recommendations on how GDF could be modernised. Consider network improvements and cloud services as a part of your recommendations.
- To promote the use of the new ordering system. GDF will need to develop a mobile compliant version of the new ordering system as either a native stand-alone app or as a mobile webpage app. Provide the general manager with a valid argument for the preferred method.
- Discuss the differences between Web analytics, Social Network Analysis and Customer Relationship Management, including outlining the environment from which the information is collect from, the type of information it collects and the benefit from the information collected.
- As GDF will be collecting information (personal and financial) from its clients, outline the privacy laws and cybersecurity measures that the company will need to consider to assure the customer that their information is safe and secure.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication