ITC506 Rational Arguments IT Ethics Assessment and Tutor Proposal
Charles Sturt University
ITC506 Rational Arguments
Assessment No: 3
Student’s Score cards
Task 1 (8%): Argument Visualisation
In task 1 you will create a simple argument visualisation using the MindMup software and you will produce a report in task 2 which details the argument you construct in your argument visualisation.
Choose ONE of the following media articles or case studies:
- The Ethics of “Giving People a Voice” and Political Advertising on Facebook (https://www.scu.edu/ethics-spotlight/social-media-and-democracy/the-ethics-of-giving- people-a-voice-and-political-advertising-on-facebook/)
- The federal government’s response to the ACCC’s Digital Platforms Inquiry is a let down (https://theconversation.com/the-federal-governments-response-to-the-acccs-digital- platforms-inquiry-is-a-let-down-128775)
- Countries Debate Openness of Future National IDs (https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/ computing/it/countries-debate-openness-of-future-national-ids) (https://spectrum.ieee.org/ robotics/medical-robots/would-you-trust-a-robot-surgeon-to-operate-on-you)
- Weaponization of Social Media by Authoritarian States (https://www.scu.edu/ethics- spotlight/social-media-and-democracy/weaponization-of-social-media-by-authoritarian- states/)
- Do We Want Robot Warriors to Decide Who Lives or Dies? (https://spectrum.ieee.org/ robotics/military-robots/do-we-want-robot-warriors-to-decide-who-lives-or-dies) (http://mediasmarts.ca/blog/what-do-you-meme-it%E2%80%99s-not-legal)
Now follow the instructions given below to complete the assessment task:
- Use the title of the article/case study as the title of your argument visualisation so that the lecturer knows which article you are analysing.
- Undertake further research about your chosen case and the ethical issue involved, to assist you in analysing it in your argument visualisation (and in your report in Task 2).
- Identify some logical arguments and construct an argument visualisation using MindMup software. Your visualisation should contain the conclusion, and all of the reasons and objections leading to that conclusion.
- Your argument visualisation should present a logical argument for your subsequent report in Task 2. Your report will develop these arguments based on a deeper analysis of the ethical issue(s).
- Your report should contain all of the arguments contained in your visualisation, and you should not introduce new arguments in your report that are not in your visualisation.
- When you have completed your visualisation, download it as a .pdf file and submit via EASTS.
Task 2 (17%): Applying Ethical Theories
Follow the instructions given below to complete the task.
- Write a report based on your argument visualisation created in Task 1 and the media article or case study you selected in Task 1.
- Undertake further research about your chosen case and the ethical issue involved, to assist you in analysing and discussing it in your report.
- Analyse the ethical issue applying the classical ethical theories, including utilitarianism, deontology, contract, and virtue. Your report should present well- reasoned arguments, logically leading to appropriate recommendations.
- You should not introduce new arguments in your report that were not contained in your argument visualisation, and your report should contain all of the arguments contained in your visualisation.
- Write an overall conclusion that justifies your recommendations made in your report.
- Include a Reference list at the end of your work, using the correct APA referencing style, corresponding to in-text citations. The word limit for the report is 1500 words +/-10%. Headings, citations, references and appendices do not count towards the word limit, but quotations do.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication