ITC561 AWS implementation Information Technology Assessment and Tutor Proposal
Charles Sturt University
ITC561 AWS implementation Information Technology
Assessment No: 3
Student’s Score cards
DSI is starting to migrate some of its applications and services to a public cloud. Many of the technical staff have had no experience in the Cloud and are concerned about this process. You have been asked to create a WordPress site on AWS where staff can share their experiences and ask other staff members about problems and issues that concern them.
- You are to produce an instruction manual that describes:
- How to create a WordPress instance on AWS (40 marks). This instruction manual must:
- Describe all the steps that are required to access AWS and create a working WordPress instance,
- Include screenshots of each step of the process, along with sufficient explanatory text to ensure that another user could follow the instructions without problems.
- Your WordPress site should contain brief instructions for users on how to add comments and photos or screenshots to your site (30 marks).
- These instructions must also be included in your instruction manual, along with a screenshot of the completed site.
- Your instruction manual should also contain brief instructions on:
- How you have secured your WordPress site (20 marks),
- How you will provide users with secure access to your WordPress site (10 marks).
You will be given access to an AWS Classroom and an AWS Educate account. You will be able to access the AWS services that you need to create your WordPress site through the AWS classroom. AWS has provided a tutorial to take you through the process of creating a WordPress site. It is highly recommended that you review this tutorial before commencing work on creating your WordPress site. The tutorial can be accessed at: https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/tutorials/launch-a-wordpress- website/?trk=gs_card#
You are not required to create or write any other text on your WordPress site. You are also not required to implement secure access for users, but you must have investigated this process.
You are also strongly advised to shut down your site as soon as you have completed all tests and documentation.
DSI is starting to migrate some of its applications and services to a public cloud. Many of the technical staff have had no experience in the Cloud and are concerned about this process. You have recommended to DSI management that they should consider the use of microservices as part of their application architecture. DSI now want you to redesign one of their monolithic applications as a microservice application
DSI has an old and image and video processing application. This is used by a number of DSI customers to upload images and videos for inclusion in spatial layers for their own use. DSI create the specialised layer for each customer and supply it to them when complete. The application has a number of modules as shown in Figure 1, below. Some of these modules may not need any development work done on them for long periods of time as their functions and outputs are relatively stable. Other modules though can be modified quite frequently as changes occur in the Industry. Other modules experience great peaks in workload which often slows services to DSI customers.
- You are to assess each of the modules shown in Figure 1 above, and determine:
- Which modules are likely to be relatively stable, a together with the reasons for this categorisation,
- Which modules are likely to require frequent modification, together with the reasons for this categorisation,
- Which modules are likely to experience workload peaks, together with the reasons for this categorisation.
- DSI wants to transition to a microservice approach with the Image and Video Processing Application. But they want to move in a phased approach so that they can handle the workload peaks first.
- Which modules should be refactored first?
- Discuss how a move to a microservice approach for these modules would resolve issues around workload peaks?
- Discuss how a move to a microservice approach will improve DSI’s ability to maintain high availability for this application.
- Draw a diagram that shows the architecture of the Image and Video Processing Application after the transition to a microservice approach.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication