ITC595 Research project (Report) Information Security Assessment and Tutor Proposal
Charles Sturt University
ITC595 Research project (Report) Information Security
Assessment No: 2
Student’s Score cards
Research project (Report)
Part 1: Selection of topic and Abstract
In this part of the assessment, you are required to submit: (5 Marks)
- the title and an abstract for your selected research project. The abstract will provide an overview of your selected topic, along with key security challenges in that area and why you have selected this to be your area of research.
- A reference list at the end of the submission, that will have a maximum of two articles (at least one journal article) used to build your discussion for this abstract.
Select a topic for your research project from the list of research areas/topics provided below:
- Ransomware and human impacts (literature),
- 40 years malware, intrusion detection systems or intrusion prevention systems detection algorithms (select only 1 topic),
- Vehicle to vehicle (v2v) and vehicle to infrastructure (v2i) security challenges,
- Security and trust in ubiquitous systems,
- Spam detection using machine learning,
- IoT/IIoT denial of service and distributed denial of service attacks,
- Social engineering techniques and mitigation mechanisms,
- Data crawl techniques,
- PAN security and preventive techniques,
- Investigating security of blockchain-enabled applications
Part 2: Research report
In this assessment, you are required to provide a complete report of your research topic, that you chose in Part 1 by completing the following aspects: (15 Marks)
- Overview/Introduction of the selected topic,
- Highlighting the challenges/problems in your chosen research topic,
- Identification of any gaps in the literature by:
- discussing areas/issues that you believe have been addressed in the current literature;
- highlighting areas/issues that have not been addressed or adequately addressed; and
- discussing your view(s) on the issue(s) that you see as being critical.
- Summarize the future research directions based on the identified gaps.
To accomplish the above, you are expected to read and critically evaluate recent research in your selected research area by citing a minimum of 5 research articles. Students are encouraged to access such research articles from well known and reputed research portals such as IEEE, ACM, Springer, Wiley etc. Please note Wikipedia and general blogs will not be considered as reputable citations.
Your report should be between 1500 to 2000words (-+ 100 words). Headings, citations and references do not count towards the word limit, but quotations do.
- Write your research report in ACM Microsoft Word template.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication