MGMT6012 Management Perspectives Individual Report
Assessment No: 1
Student’s Score cards
- Distinguish between leadership and management in an organisation, and yet understand their essential relationship to each other.
- Critically analyse the roles and functions of management and the impact of leadership in an organisation.
- Understand and apply different theories of management in organisational contexts.
- Discuss and evaluate the role that ethics, values, and cultural diversity play in an organisation and their influence on the performance of its managers.
The assessment suite in this subject is designed to provide students with a framework to understand organisational behaviour and the dynamics of the business environment. The assessment suite aims to equip students with the necessary skills to understand the constraints managers and emerging leaders face in developing strategies to leverage advantages and overcome constraints and barriers in organisations.
Students will draw up a report on an organisation they are either working or have worked recently. You will work on the same organisation for both your assessments; so choose your organisation carefully.
Your report will demonstrate your clear understanding of the 1-3 modules that includes the role of a good leader, functions of management, management theories, ethics and diversity. You will use all the information from 1-3 modules and will then expand your discussion on a specific management issue relevant to the organisation.
A specific management issue could include the organisational structure; communication and employee morale; the management style of leaders; ethical business practices; or a lack of organisational diversity – or there could be other issues. You will need to critically evaluate this issue in the chosen organisational context drawing from a relevant management theory.
The case study report should include
- an introduction to the organisation and a brief justification of why you have selected this organisation;
- a methodology outlining the qualitative research method, your data sources/collection techniques, and your data analysis and interpretation technique (e.g. content analysis);
- a review of management theory discussed in Modules 1 and 2 which is relevant to the is40sue of investigation in the chosen organisational context (e.g. management style);
- a critical examination of the role of ethics and diversity relevant to the chosen organisation is important (Module 3);
- drawing from the findings, provide recommendations and suggestions to the organisation on how to improve the management issue in the future; and
- evidence of research should be reflected through the use of a reasonable number (10-15) of high-quality relevant academic materials (see the list of potential journals below).
The word limit for this report is 2,000 and this excludes the following sections: title page, executive summary, table of contents, references list, appendices, citations, tables and graphs. Students should submit one file through Turnitin. Please review the Turnitin percentage carefully to confirm that the total percentage does not exceed 25% as well as any single source does not account for more than 5%.
There are a number of forms this report could take. The exact form of the report will depend on the additional research the student will undertake. For example, students may find sufficient data from internal publications or external media reports. Students should aim for the demonstration of deep learning, founded on theory from academic sources and data from their own research.
Students should also refer to the Handout in Module Two – Information Gathering and Naturally Occurring Data. This handout highlights a variety of data sources available to the manager, both internally and externally, to help them make decisions. This data is also available to students if they select the right organisation and are prepared to conduct the research.
Students should search for internal data about the organisation – official websites, annual reports, strategic plans, other publications (newsletters, CSR reports, codes of conduct) and also media releases, digital media and social media published by the organisation. Students should also search externally for data about the organisation – Australian Bureau of Statistics, Ibis world, industry associations’ database, media reports, journal articles, feedback from customers or commentary from employees and other stakeholders.
Students will need to filter the data from the above sources and use only data that is relevant to the management of the organisation. The relevant data sources should be summarised in the Methodology section, and then used throughout the report to explain the management practices of the organisation. Students should stay focused on the topics from the first three modules of the subject and not be distracted by other functions of the organisation (for example marketing, financial performance).
Students should commence this assignment early, keep regular backups and ensure they submit the correct, final version. Students should use this brief as the instruction set for the assignment requirements. Additionally, the rubric below can be used to describe what unacceptable, functional, proficient, advanced and exceptional assignments might look like according to the criteria in the leftmost column of each row.
As this is a Masters level subject, students are expected to engage with high-quality academic journal articles, using the Torrens University Library. Textbooks, Wikipedia and, in general, anything that can be obtained through an open Google search page are considered supplementary material.
List of Journals to be considered:
- Academy of Management Journal
- Academy of Management Review
- Academy of Management Perspectives
- Strategic Management Journal
- Management International Review
- Journal of International Management
- California Management Review
- Journal of Business Venturing
- Research Policy
- Journal of International Business Studies
- International Business Review
- Journal of Business Review
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication
Here is how, we will write your assignment
We write your assignment in the following proposed way and we make sure that it is strictly in accordance to your assignment guidelines and each section of the assignment is written with respect to its marking criteria/ rubric.
TUTOR PROPOSAL FOR : MGMT6012|Management Perspectives
MGMT 6012 management perspective report will provide insights to recognise issue in an organisation so that discussion will be made on the various management concepts of the company. the major agenda of the report will be to discuss the management style, culture and business practices in the country. There will be critical analysis of all the perspectives of the chosen organisation so that recommendations will be provided related to that issue.
- Part 1: In the first part of the report I will provide information related to the company selected by me and will justify with proper evidences on why I have selected this organization. I will highlight the major issue going on in the company. I will search the news articles and other websites that will provide information related to the given issue. I will also justify how this issue is related to the organizational culture and its management style.
- Part 2: In this part I will provide view on the research methodology selected by me in order to discuss the issue selected for the assessment. I will use qualitative methodology will be used under which non-statistical data will be collected related to the given issue. The information will be collected from different resources which will include new articles, official website of the company, newspaper etc. The information collected so will be organised and interpreted with the help of descriptive analysis so that only the information which is necessary for fulfilling the requirements of the assessment will be kept.
- Part 3: After collecting the data related to the company, I will discuss the management style used by the company in order to manage the people and activities of the company. For this purpose, I will use the management theories I have provided in the modules. These theories or model will help me in exploring the various areas of the company so that I will be able to explain the areas in which the issues exist and the areas affected by the given issue. I will provide through insights to the culture of the company and the other such areas related to the issue. To illustrate, if there will be an issue related to human resource management in the company I will try to explore the information related to employee satisfaction, organisation culture etc. which will be related to that issue. In this part, I will also provide necessary recommendations to the company so that it will be able to deal with the issue in an effective manner. To illustrate, related to the issue of employee management I will provide recommendations related to motivation to the employees through different motivational theories.
- Part 4: As the issue in the company have its direct impact on the culture of the company which is consisted of its values, ethics and diversity etc., there will be discussion on the ethics followed by the employees of the company to maintain diversity at the workplace. All the aspects related to the role of ethics and diversity will be properly analysed so that the gives issue can be related to this area of organisation.
- Part 5: This is the part under which I will provide a summary of the findings of the report. I will also provide reasonable recommendations to the company so that I can deal with the issues and there will be smooth workflow at the workplace.