MGT510 Strategic Management Strategy analysis report Assessment and Tutor Proposal
Charles Sturt University
MGT510 Strategic Management Strategy analysis report
Assessment No: 2
Student’s Score cards
Assessment item 2-Strategy analysis report
Critically evaluate the key role that strategic analysis plays in a business or organisation that you are familiar with.
In this assignment, you are required to write a 2500 word report. This includes a 200 word executive summary, but excludes references and appendix.
Your Report should cover the following:
- Briefly describe the background information of the organisation or Strategic Business Unit (SBU) chosen. You can choose the organisation (or SBU) that you work for or you are familiar with. This information should be brief and relevant to the discussion of your assignment and thus may include ownership, history, size, business scope, major products/services, and major markets of the organisation (or SBU).
- Conduct an external environment analysis including a macro-environment analysis and Porter's 5 forces analysis:
- (a) Conduct a macro-environment analysis for the entire industry within which the organisation (or SBU) operates. You should use the PESTEL model and focus on understanding the purpose of this analysis, the identification of key factors and their implications in terms of key opportunities and threats, and discussion of their overall impact on industry growth in the future. Draw your conclusions based on your macro-environment analysis.
- (b)Undertake an industry analysis using either Porter’s 5 forces model or Hubbard's industry analysis approach. You should pay attention to the purpose of this analysis, the inter-connectedness of different aspects of the competitive forces, and their overall impact on the industry and the organisation selected in terms of main driving forces in the competitive environment. Draw your conclusions based on your industry analysis.
- Conduct an internal environment analysis. You should identify, differentiate and evaluate the key resources and capabilities of the organisation (or SBU) that are most likely to provide sustainable competitive advantage.
- Summarise your findings based on your external and internal environment analysis. Identify the key issues that the organisation (or SBU) faces and give your recommendations.
- Draw your conclusion.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication