SBM4301 Innovation and New Technologies Innovation, trend and management Assessment and Tutor Proposal
Asia pacific International College
Innovation, trend and management
Assessment No: 5
SBM4301|Innovation and New Technologies
Student’s Score cards
SBM4301 Innovation and New Technologies
Mrs. Crowley is the chief operating officer (COO) of a tourism resort in northern Queensland. A core component of her role as COO is to predict, plan for and implement necessary changes to the resorts core services.
Guests staying at the resort primarily travel to the region to enjoy the surrounding environment, including natural attractions such as the Daintree rainforest, Great Barrier Reef and Wallaman Falls.
Where possible, the resort likes to facilitate their guests travel to these natural attractions. However, over recent years their courtesy car and bus fleet has become increasingly run down. This has frustrated employees of the resort who enjoyed facilitating this service and overtime developed a level of expertise and experience in describing the importance of these natural sites. Adding to frustrations, the employees have had to watch other tourism services offering this exact service become more and more successful!
Some good news is on the horizon however. The Queensland state government has decided to invest in sustainable tourism development and a considerable sum of money is available to those tourism operations who can demonstrate their ability to provide educational and sustainable tourism services to their clients.
This initiative is considered critical as sustainable tourism is an increasingly popular form of tourism consumption. There are fears that if tourism in Queensland doesn’t respond to this market trend it could be surpassed by other states or international destinations as the ‘must visit’ location for environmental attractions.
Knowing this, Mrs. Crowley is very keen to secure access to some of the promised investment capital. However, she is aware that to receive any money from the state government she must demonstrate her resorts ability to innovate and provide a sustainable tourism service.
You need to complete a research report, investigating the feasibility of an innovation strategy for the example case presented above. As part of this feasibility report you will need to:
- Identify three (3) opportunities and associated strategies to innovate.
- Critically evaluate one (1) of these opportunities and strategies and develop a plan for its implementation.
- Develop a process to review and monitor the progress of this
innovation strategy. In completing the research report, you are required to do the following:
- Explain the importance of environmental factors in shaping business innovations – specifically those which apply to the organisation described in the case study.
- Assess and evaluate potential opportunities for business innovation the organisation in the case study can exploit.
- Develop a plan and review system to implement and control the chosen business innovation strategies the case study organisation would like to employ.
- Write a 2500-word research report following the suggested structure/criteria provided below.
- On completion, submit the assessment in a single Microsoft Word document via the Assessment 5 Upload link on the Canvas system.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication