SRQ780 - Strategic Construction Procurement Critical Analysis Assessment and Tutor Proposal
SRQ780 - Strategic Construction Procurement Critical Analysis
Assessment No: 3
SRQ780|STRATEGIC CONSTRUCTION PROCUREMENT
Student’s Score cards
Case study outline
Consider Metro Tunnel Project as the case study project and select the most appropriate procurement system for this project.
Preliminary sources for Case Study
The following links will be helpful for you to learn the background information of this project. However, you are expected to refer other sources (including journal articles) beyond these links in completing this assignment.
- Metro Tunnel project: https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/partnerships-victoria-ppp-projects/metro- tunnel-project
- Tunnel and stations public private partnership project summary: https://www.dtf.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2018- 02/Metro%20Tunnel%20PPP%20Project%20Summary%20-%2021%20February%202018.pdf
- Metro Tunnel project delivery: https://metrotunnel.vic.gov.au/about-the-project/project- delivery
- Metro Tunnel project Contract details: https://www.tenders.vic.gov.au/contract/view?id=64353
Imagine that you have been appointed as the project procurement consultant for Metro Tunnel Project in Melbourne. As part of your role, you are required to recommend a suitable procurement method and a risk allocation mechanism for this project. The report should include:
- A comprehensive analysis of the project objectives and project characteristics
- A comprehensive appraisal of the suitability of various procurement methods
- A recommendation of an appropriate procurement method, providing reasons for the recommendation
You are required to prepare a report addressing the following concerns of the project.
The work so far was completed by the tunnelling subcontractor has been identified as containing substantial structural deficiencies. Therefore, the last few payment claims made by the subcontractor is currently being withheld. The head contractor is also refusing the time extension requests (caused due to extreme weather conditions) made by the subcontractor. This issue has now been escalated into a dispute, so you are required to detail, discuss and compare the alternative dispute resolution methods available for the parties to the matter to avoid litigation and get the dispute resolved in a more effective and efficient manner.
Why invest in our services?
Our assignment help team is trained to provide you high quality writing services.
High scores achieved by our students is a portrayal of our high quality online assignment help
You can place your assignment order through 4 easy modes of communication