Case Study: Oral B Braun 5000 Electric Toothbrush
Oral B is an oral hygiene product selling brand which manufactures and sell oral health products such as kinds of toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Electric toothbrushes and mouthwashes, oral irrigators and other interdental products such as dental floss. The brand was started by Multinational company The Gillette in 1950, in 2006 the ownership of Oral –B was transferred to another Multinational National Company ‘Procter and Gamble’.
American Dental Association for effectiveness and safety has accepted Oral B as the first electric toothbrush brand. World Branding Awards has provided the title of world’s Number 1 toothbrush brand which is recommended by all the dentists and it is the market leader in the over $5 billion brushing market. The company is providing a range of products for children and adults.
Oral B Braun 5000 electric toothbrush
Oral- B has invented a new level of innovation in the toothbrush industry that is Oral B PRO 5000 smart series that connects with the Bluetooth of mobile phone and provide better oral care to the consumer. The consumer has to recharge it to operate its functionality.
The functionality of Oral B Braun 5000 electric toothbrush is as follows:
- A revolutionary way to take care of oral health, which removes plaque and doubt.
- The consumer has to download the smartphone APP of Oral- B and connect with the Bluetooth technology. The app will provide real-time feedback about the brushing habits of the consumer.
- With the use of Oral B Braun 5000 electric toothbrush, a consumer can remove 100% plaque along the gum line as compared to a manual toothbrush.
- It is the clinically proven 3D cleaning Action oscillates, rotates and pulsates. This will break and remove the plaque in a better way than regular toothbrush because of its superior quality.
- The brush can be recharged with 5 modes: daily clean, sensitive, whitening, Gum care and Deep clean.
- The toothbrush provides sensor alert when you do hard brushing with pressure.
- The sensor of a brush provides the signal to change the position of a brush after 30 seconds.
- The superiority of a brush is accepted by the American Dental Association.
- The pack of brush includes 1 rechargeable toothbrush handle, 1 Floss Action brush head, 1 charging brush head with storage and 1 travel case.
Wireless Smart guide is the wireless device that provides assistance to the consumer of an electric toothbrush. The smart guide provides the guidelines to use the brush effectively, one smart guide could be used with more than one brush. The functionality of a brush is as follows:
- A consumer has to push <h/min> button in a battery compartment for at least 3 seconds.
- A consumer has to turn on the handle of the brush to start the synchronization when a smart guide shows the signal of <L->.
- The synchronization of the handle has to be stopped when a device shows the signal as <L-1->.
- The second handle of the brush must be turned on if the smart guide shows <L-2->. The device will show <Full> when the second device has been synchronized.
- The consumer has to end the synchronization mode by pressing <set> button or <h/min> unless it will stop automatically after the period of 30 seconds.
To develop and demonstrate the state transition in the form of a diagram, the tools or software could be used are Mat Lab, Enterprise Architect, Mathematics, Maple or other related software.