E-commerce is an acronym for Electronic Commerce which refers to the process of selling and buying products/services by electronic means such as by the internet and mobile applications. It refers to both electronic transactions and online retail in which user has to enter their personal details over the internet for availing online services.
Building an E-commerce presence
The organizations are required to consider the E-commerce Presence for attracting customers by offering services and for enhancing organizational growth. There are various factors which should be taken into consideration for optimizing the website for attracting potential customers. Following are the factors which are associated with the website optimization:
- Page delivery: Content delivery network, bandwidth and adage coaching are three main factors which are used by the organizations while delivering the website page.
- Page generation: While generating the website pages, the organizations consider page generation factors which includes efficient resources allocation, server response time, monitoring time performance, resource utilization thresholds, and device-based accelerators.
- Page content: The organizations consider page content factors such as optimize images, efficient page style, optimize HTML and site architecture while adding content in the website.
Methods for improving the performance of a website
There are various ways by which the organizations can enhance their website performance such as:
- By using HTTP Requests
- removing duplicate scripts
- reducing DNS lookups
- using cookie free domain
The life cycle of website development
While developing a website, there are various phases which should be considered by the organizations. Following are the main phases of the website system development:
- System Initiation: This is the initial phase of website development life cycle in which the main objective of developing the website is specified and the requirements required for the development of the website are determined.
- System Requirement Analysis: This is the next phase in which all the collected requirements are analyzed properly.
- System Design: When the analysis of the system requirements is done, the next phase is to develop a design for the overall system to achieve the business objectives.
- System Construction: On the basis of the design of the system, the website is constructed.
- System Acceptance: In this phase, the testing of the system is performed. Moreover, all the technical issues associated with the constructed system are resolved for providing good services to the customers.
- System Implementation: When all the errors or faults are resolved through testing, the system is implemented for providing effective services to the customers.
Hence, it is mandatory for all organizations to follow these steps while developing a website.
E-commerce security threats: While using E-commerce platform, people can face various security threats which are classified into technical and non-technical security attacks such as:
- Technical security attacks: Smurf attack, Teardrop attack, Denial of Service attack, Brute force attack etc.
- Non-Technical Security attack: Social Engineering attack and Phishing attack.
Security measures for E-commerce: Authentication, Encryption, Firewalls, Authorization, Anti-virus software, Virtual Private network, Access Controls, Proxy servers etc. These are some security measures which can be used by the organizations for overcoming technical and non-technical attacks.