Whenever an examination is done on a particular topic, a research paper is written to support it. It depends on the author of the paper to choose a field to investigate. An attempt is made to dig deeper in the respective subject or topic and present a solution or idea. For writing this document, a lot of investigation is required. It is not a work of some days, it even takes many months or a few years to complete and present one research.
A research paper is a supporting document for an investigation. It is a type of academic writing and it can be relating to any field like management, technology, engineering, medical, etc. Many students have to write it during their master's or bachelor's. In order to write it correctly do a proper study or take college assignment help.
Mistakes to Avoid While Writing a Research Paper
For writing it, a lot of dedication and effort are required. The study you present must be selected. But even after investing a lot of time and effort, the document of some researchers is rejected. It can be due to a lot of reasons that you might have overlooked. Some of the mistakes are mentioned here, that you should avoid making so that your paper is accepted.
1. Lack of research – This is one of the common mistakes made by students. Usually, what students do is keep the work pending for the next day. Work is not done on time and later, the students rush things and just choose a topic. Due to limited time, the study is not done correctly and hence, the research paper does not satisfy the study or it consists of incomplete information. Prior to writing the paper, a thorough investigation should be conducted to prepare a strong thesis statement for the paper.
2. Vague research question – The information present in the paper must not be vague. Keep the question of the research paper to the point, making it too long or too vague will not make much sense. It should be clear to the authorities who are going to review your paper. The information and theory presented in the paper must relate to the question. If a number of questions are imposed or addressed, then more than one paper should be written. You must take a definite amount of time to address the question. Do some online research, read books and then list the question and do a thorough inspection of it.
3. Not specifying the limitations – Everything has its pros and cons and hence, you must mention the limitations and advantages of your research. Listing limitations are important for understanding the loopholes of the proposed solution and not mentioning the demerits of your study showcases a lack of researching skills. Further investigation can be done to improve the flaws in the research. Also, people are more interested in studying the demerits, it is done to analyze the efficiency of the research.
4. Week thesis statement – Once, the topic for investigation is chosen, a strong thesis statement must be developed. Make sure your thesis statement is concise and clear. The reader should get to know the main idea of your research by reading your thesis statement. If your statement is incomplete, vague, or obscure, then chances are that the reader will not be interested to read the paper or do any further research. Make the thesis statement compelling that forces the reader to go through the entire document.
5. Poor structure of research paper – It is necessary to keep the structure of the research paper aligned and in order. Usually, the structure of the paper contains a title, abstract, introduction, literature review, methods, results, etc. Normally, when you write it, the format is provided to you prior to writing. If this format is not followed, then you can be rejected. If the format is not given, then you can search the standard way for writing the paper and start preparing it according to the standard format.
6. Improper citations – Citations are references to sources. The sources you used to collect the data must be credited and properly mentioned in the research paper. The method to cite can differ from one person to another. Ask your instructor the method to cite sources before writing the references. These days there is plenty of software available that helps you in citing resources, other than this, you can take assignment help for the same purpose.
7. Lack of relevant data – The data and theories mentioned in the research must be relevant. Also, including facts and figures can be a great practice to follow as it will help make the content strong. Remember while using statistics, it is important to mention the source you collected it from. This will allow the readers to verify the source and reliability of the facts and stats you mentioned. It will also show your dedication and time efforts you invested in writing the research paper.
8. Not answering the main research question – It is amongst the mistakes that you need to avoid. Many times it happens that the content and study do not resonate with the question asked in the research. Due to this, the document looks relevant and the question and answer do not relate to one another. Because of this reason, your paper can also be rejected.
9. Unedited research paper – It is important to reread your document before submitting it. Check each and everything mentioned in the paper. It will help you to rectify the errors that were made at the time of writing it. Also, check for mistakes like grammatical, citation issues, incorrect references, spelling errors, figures, diagrams, structure, the flow of research, etc. By rechecking you have to ensure that there are no errors. Once, it’s done you can submit your document.
If you avoid all these mistakes, then there is a higher chance that your document will be accepted and approved. You must conclude your document and mention the future scope. If your work is approved, then you can carry out further study and dig deeper into the topic.