Technology and networks are the two terms ruling the education world in the 21st century. Working in networks and technology is the latest thing to be performed to keep up with the fast-changing time. Technology has integrated into the educational process to a large extent, and the graph is moving towards attaining a J-curve day by day. Let us have a look at the ways in which technology is overpowering the educational process. Improvement and facilitation of teaching and learning are in the head while executing different technological advancements. If we talk about incorporating technology and networks in schools and colleges, then gathering, accessing and the analysis, presentation and the transmission of the information are the reasons. Due to this, the information can be democratized in classrooms.
Technology and special children
Technology is potential and can change someone’s life bringing a 360-degree change. Visually impaired and children with autism have been benefited with the help of brail machines and various programs. Addressing fundamental issues and engendering pedagogical changes affecting the students with special needs are the two main aims of using technology in the education process.
As the name specifies, the technological advancements help people with special needs in maintaining, enhancement and improvement of functional capabilities. It is done with the help of an item, equipment, piece or product system. Therefore, the students would be able to link through education all with the help of technology. There are also inventions going on to place the teachers in a better position offering them customized learning techniques to be imparted on the children with special needs.
Digitalization is the future
There are more than 450million children under the age of 8 across the globe. They are the future of the universe, so it is better to equip them with the best to get the best outcome. Moreover, the advent of digitalized education in the world is proving to be beneficial and is heading towards creating around 1.5 million new digitized jobs by the next 3 years.
Digital education has the following advantages
- No barriers of language- Now there is an ease of understanding a concept in the language of one’s choice. English is the default language of the course, but with the help of the technology, learning material can be made available in any language.
- Enhancement in the learning management system-Technology can contribute to adding learnability quotient in the educational process and shape information provided in it. This implies that technology can equip us in creating customized courses designed as per the students’ needs from the courses. For this, we need the right knowledge management tools to impart education to the students and equipping them to dominate.
- Open Education- It is one of the most important features of the digital education process. It includes adding open resources to impart online education which can be accessed for research purposes, to learn a concept and teach the students in the best way.
- Offline Learning- There are several countries in the world which lag in good connectivity and the rural areas suffer the most. Here arises the need for offline learning. For this, e-learning and m-learning initiatives making it possible to access the content offline.
Importance of networks in education
- Build capacity- Leadership and PLCs (Professional Learning Communities) networks are entitled to build capacity.
- Building innovation bundle- CMOs and platform networks collaborate and use various tools and features. Research and Development agenda is leveraged in the entire school network. The schools and colleges are focused in tinkering with the components for introducing betterment in the bundle. For example, many students create a bundle or a network and get college essay help from each other.
- Enhanced learning options- Expansion of the boundaries of accessing education is given by the networks built by digitalization. Studying STEM and arts has become easy due to the expansion introduced.
- Improvement in school- It is an obvious advantage of the technology and the network in schools. It has resulted in an increase in students’ interest in attaining knowledge and comprehend the concept in the most practical manner.
- The engine of innovation-Creativity and innovation are the byproducts of the advent of technology. Powerful learning is required during these days, and it is assisted by networks.
- Ease of co-creation- Classrooms, when connected, will coexist as physical spaces and online. Students will be able to learn sitting at home and that too in collaboration of class time and apply their skills and abilities to the issues of real-life. The world becomes available with just a click of a button.
Technology has become such a factor which is must for the students who want to outshine the competition and win as the world has become dependent on technology leading to huge changes in the educational process.