As a student, you may find one subject interesting whereas other subjects may be not appealing to you. Different types of essays raise different moods in you.
It is very important to find a type of essay that suits the way you write. This choice depends on various factors like the length of the article, the tone of writing, the objective of writing the essay, and many more.
When various school assignments are given to the students, they may get overwhelmed. Hence, many students look for best essay writing service which can provide them with all types of essays that too within the specified period of time.
Various types of essays
Below is the list of five types of academic essays:
- Compare and Contrast
- Persuasive or Argumentative
This type of essay is the most time- consuming. Expository essays are much extensive that is why you may need to churn out more and more pages.
You can also divide the essay into numerous essays which are explanation essay, definition essay, interpretation essay, cause and effect, response, and analysis essay.
- The explanation essay offers step-by-step valuable information. In addition to the description of the process, detailed guidance on the subject is also provided by the explanation section. This essay is particularly useful in answering the‘how’ queries.
For instance, how the election of President is done in the US or how candies are manufactured in a chocolate factory.
- The definition essay is the simplest of all. Along with using the official definition of a particular phrase, you should also write your own understanding of that particular topic.
For instance, for a word like justice, in addition to using the official definition from a thesaurus, write down your own definition too.
- The aim of cause and effect essay is to show that there is an interrelation between different phenomenon in the world. When you want to write about one, make sure to draw a parallel line in between numerous subjects. Also, don’t forget to mention the reasons and results.
For example, if you are asked to write about the causes and effects of Civil War in the US, make sure that you outline a precise link between the root causes of the war and the results of the same.
- At times, reflection essays are also known as personal response essays. Subjectivity is taken to another level through this type of essays. While writing reflection essays, you have to offer personal opinions on numerous subjects. However, you have to describe the subject matter and then support your statements with evidence and verifiable facts.
- In order to make the audience grasp the entire material, critical essays are used. You can select the topic on which you want to write. In some cases, the teacher can pick up the topic for you. Once you have selected a topic, you have to study and interpret the subject matter. In order to write an effective critical essay, make sure you give a proper explanation to every point.
In this type of essay, the writer tells an exciting story appealingly.
For instance, Ernest Hemingway’s Old Man and the Sea.
A descriptive essay is known as an original piece. A particular event, subject or topic is explained in detail in the descriptive essay. In order to describe a topic or a subject, you have to use various adjectives and adverbs. Literary tools like metaphors, allegories, analogies, similes, and personifications are also to be used. These tools help the audience to envisage your topic.
Compare and Contrast Essays
This piece forms a subsection of expository papers. You have to mention the similarities and the comparisons between different subject matters, events, and locations. The primary objective of writing these is to assist the readers in understanding one topic at a time.
Persuasive or Argumentative Essays
While writing this type of essay, you have to focus on a specific view related to a specific problem. The main objective is to persuade the readers about the reliability of the thesis statement.
With the help of facts and evidence, you have to justify your thesis statement.
Some more types of essays that you might come across
According to some scholars, more types of essays are there. Following are some types of essays that you may have to write in your school, college, or university
- A Scholarship or Admission Essay
- A Process Analysis Essay
- A Cultural Identity Essay
- An Informative Essay
A Scholarship or Admission Essay
These types of essays help the students to get admission into a school or college. To flourish, you have to:
- Explain the reasons why you have chosen the specific field of study
- Explain the reasons why you need a degree
- Provide information related to your strengths and weaknesses
- Explain what will be your contribution to the community and society of your college.
A scholarship essay assists in convincing a scholarship agency so that they can provide you with financial support.
A Process Analysis Essay
A process analysis essay is written to provide step by step information on an individual process.
A Cultural Identity Essay
The religions, customs, viewpoints, cultures, and beliefs are communicated through cultural identity essays. It helps in making the people inclusive and accommodative.
An Informative Essay
Exhaustive analysis, detailed descriptions, and special terms are used to describe a subject in an informative essay.
By understanding what exactly each type includes and what are the main points that you have to include, you can have an effective piece of writing.