Assessment Task 1: Written Questions
Provide answers to all of the qu estions below:
1. Discuss the purpose of risk ma nagement standards. Include an example of a ri sk management standard in your answer.
2. Explain the purpose of risk management policies and procedures in the workpla ce.
3. Outline a step-by-step procedu re that companies can use for analysing risks.
4. Outline three sources of inform ation that a company could use to gather inform ation on potential risks.
5. Describe three examples of to ols or techniques that a company could use to ide ntify risks as part of a risk assessment process.
6. Explain four options that a com pany could take to control risks.
7. Explain four procedures that a company could use to minimise risk.
8. Explain two sustainability requirements that should be taken into account for ICT projects.
9. Explain how to report on C02 e missions produced by a computer.
10. Explain the purpose of a Work breakdown structure and the key steps involved in creating a Work breakdown structure.
11. Explain the concept of decomp osition in project management and its role in breaking project objectives into achievable project delivera bles.
12. Explain the role of the project management life cycle in project management and describe each key phase.
13. Identity an industry association for the ICT industry. Explain its key function.
14. Identity a government body tha t is relevant to the ICT industry. Explain its key f unction.
15. Identify three companies provi ding ICT services. Include the name of the comp any and an outline of the services they provide.
16. Outline three software program s or applications (including propriety software) th at is commonly used for project management.