1. Minimise the risk of harm
Mitigation of the risk of harms
2. Obtain informed consent
Explain how you would provide project information to the participants and obtain informed consent.
Fill in and add the 2 documents in Appendix C
Follow the sample “Information to participants form. docx” provided in VU Collaborate to provide information about the research. It should include the following information.
• Project explanation - brief
• What will be the participant asked to do?
• What will the participant gain from participating?
• How will the information collected will be used?
• What are the potential risks of participating in this project?
• How will this project be conducted?
• Who is conducting the study?
Follow the sample “Consent Form. docx” provided in VU Collaborate to obtain consent to include the following information.
• At least 18 years old
• Risk being fully explained
• Given the opportunity to withdraw at any phase
• Given the opportunity to ask any question
• Information will be kept confidentially
3. Protect the anonymity and confidentiality
• How will data be de-identified?
• How will data be kept?
• Who will access the data?
• How will results be published?
4. Include the deception of participants?
If yes, how to mitigate risks and allow participants to withdraw at any phase
5. Provide the right to withdraw