Your essay will discuss a range of aspects of socialisation including aims, agents, methods, and outcomes. You should discuss methods or strategies that can be used to support socialisation and what potential effect these may have on child development.
1. Define socialisation and describe the aims of socialisation (why it is important).
2. Identify and describe five key agents of socialisation.
3. Provide examples of three methods based on theoretical understandings that support socialisation.
4. Explain the potential outcomes (how socialisation impacts on child development and learning).
5. Identify how social, cultural, historical and environmental factors may impact upon teaching strategies.