You need to critically analyse the literature and provide an answer to the below question.
How are the concepts and theories discussed in the workshops, in the discussion board and in the tutorials applicable to your case study?
Hint! To build your knowledge in your area of specialisation, for example, you may be an Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Civil Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, Asset Manager, and so on, select a case study that aligns with your interests and refine your search to your area of discipline. In your introduction, you must make it very clear to the marker that you are focusing your literature review on a specific area of engineering practice and what is your case study.
General Guiding information for the Assessments:
- Start writing early
- Please ensure that you go and visit the library to get assistance on how to search for academic journals.
- As discussed in class, you must read widely and deeply
- Participate in the discussion board
- Focus on the current peer-reviewed literature i.e. 2006 to 2019.
Think, for instance about the materials used for production, the energy and other materials consumed in operation, the human resources needed, and where impacts (both positive and negative) from the activities in your practice area will occur.
- Remember to think about sustainability in engineering when looking for sources and potential impact on environmental, social and economic factors.
- Please remember that using graphs, tables, charts, and figures enhance content without adding words. Use your imagination and include these items where possible.
- References, tables, charts, and appendices are not included in the word count.
- Please review the associated marking Rubrik so that you can meet all the requirements.
- Please ensure that your document is written legibly so that it will be acceptable in an academic and industry context.
- Please note that failure to meet the minimum appropriate academic references will automatically result in a maximum mark of 40% for the complete assignment as you have not based your literature review in evidence-based research.
- Refer to the links that have been put up on blackboard to assist you. For example, the library lib-guides, how to write a report, how to search for academic journals, and so on.