In this assignment 1 you are the Manager of a department in a global multinational company. You are allowed to propose the type of organization/industry/business/service for assignment 1 or one will be assigned to you by the course examiner. Further details will be available on the StudyDesk.
In the light of the increasing number of your employees using their own mobile devices (BYOD) for work purposes, you have come up with an idea for a smartphone mobile app for a particular problem that will help improve the workflow, communications and productivity of your staff, both in-house as well as with company employees across the globe.
Using Microsoft PowerPoint or YouTube, develop a professional presentation to the CIO to convince him/her to provide the appropriate resources to realize the development, implementation and integration of your concept application into the Enterprise's App Store.
The concept of the app does not have to be particularly sophisticated or innovative for the purposes of this course. We are more interested in the processes and issues involved rather than the end product itself, and the app is therefore to be considered only as a means to an end. So, if you unable to come up with an idea of your own, an adaptation of an existing product or solution is acceptable.
Your pitch to the CIO will include:
• Details about the organization/industry/business/service
o Type (assigned to you)
o Description of the organization
o Description of department of which you are the Manager
• The concept
• The business drivers
• The benefits
• The target audience
• A wireframe/prototype design of the user interfaces showing the app in its various steps and phases.
• Detailed speaker notes with each slide, if using presentation software.
1. In the design process, the best way to show customers, managers, and programmers the product you have in mind and want to create is to make a mockup of the views that compose the application user interface.
2. One of the first things you want to do to develop your app idea is to create a mockup of the app. A mockup, as the name implies, is a basic visual prototype of the look and feel of your app. Mockups serve two purposes, one is to test the core concepts of your app and the second is to serve as a blueprint to use when working with developers to build your app. A good mockup will lay out what every screen in your app looks like down to the buttons, colors and fonts and will illustrate how someone moves through the app to complete basic tasks.
a. The course examiner has negotiated a free licence for the Balsamiq wireframe software which you are free to download and use (https://balsamiq.com /download/#). Explore the many resources (videos, tutorials, blogs, etc.) at this site. Licensing credentials are available on the CIS8000 Study Desk.
b. Please note that you may use a mockup/wireframe/prototype tool of your choice. Provide basic details of the software you use with your submission.
3. If using PowerPoint,
a. The expected number of slides is approximately 20 (twenty).
b. Each slide in PowerPoint must include comprehensive speaker’s notes (in the Notes section) that expand on the bullet points and graphics on the slide.
4. If using YouTube,
a. Limit the time to no more than 15 minutes.
b. Submit only the link to the video – not the video itself.
5. Wireframe diagrams will be assessed for (1) Completeness, (2) Clarity, (3) Consistency, (4) Ease of use, (5) Creativity, and (6) Layout and Visual Appeal
6. There must be evidence in your presentation that your app is directly related to the organization/industry/business/service that you have been assigned. Failure to do so will result in zero marks being awarded for this assignment.