Aim of assessment
The purpose of this analytical paper is to show your understanding of current issues in providing palliative care in residential aged care.
On successful completion of this assessment task students will have met the following learning outcomes:
1. critique models of health service delivery for older people, including models of wellness, user-pays, case management,and active ageing ( WHO);
2. demonstrate an understanding of contemporary aged care issues from political, philosophical, legal and ethical positions;
3. critically discuss strategies for reform in the delivery of aged care services that take into account all stakeholders.
In this assessment task you are required to write an analytical report that:
• explains palliative care provision in residential aged care
• critically discusses advanced care directives in residential aged care
• considers strategies that may improve the provision of palliative care in residential aged care In this paper you should include:
• A discussion of what palliative care and a palliative approach is and explain how it is applied in residential aged care
• A discussion of advanced care planning and advanced care directives
• A discussion and critique of the issues in advanced care planning and applying advanced care directives in residential aged care
• Identify strategies to improve palliative care service provision in residential aged care
• Your paper must include references to the literature
• You can use headings in an analytical paper