You have been commissioned to develop a database system that is capable of keeping records for FU's table tennis matches from now on.
The database needs to keep a record of:
• All team information, including players' information
• All games, sections, the players involved and the scores
• The winner team of each game
• The teams play in each round
• The match winner team
• The ranking of the teams of each year's match
• The referee assigned for each game and their performance score
Further, it should be possible to generate a report on:
• Game scores after each round, including section scores
• The total number of games that each team played in a match
• The total scores of each team after a match • The ranking list of teams after a match
• The winner list of all recorded matches • Referees ranking, referee with best performance at all matches
Steps you need to take to develop your database application
1. Complete the analysis and design of your database application
a. List the business rules for your system.
b. Identify the entities and relationships in your system.
c. Identify the characteristics of the entities in your system.
d. Develop an ER diagram to model your system.
e. Develop table structures from the ER model.
f. Conduct a dependency analysis of the table structures and normalize your tables where appropriate, to at least 3NF.
g. Create a data dictionary for your database.
2. Implement your project
a. Create a database that hosts your application data
b. Create tables in your database. These must be consistent with your design.
c. Populate all tables with sample data (at least 10 entries in each)
d. Create the required views, stored procedures, etc. to meet the requirements of your system
3. to write SQL commands
1. SQL codes are provided for database and table creation
2. SQL codes are provided for data record insertion Reports by SQL:
3. to show the winner of each game in each round
4. to sort all teams according to their scores (ascending)
5. to provide a report for a referee with all the games he served
6. to provide a list of the loser teams
7. to provide a list of all players in all teams
8. Game scores after each round, including section scores
9. The total number of games that each team played in a match
10. The total scores of each team after a match
11. The winner list of all recorded matches
12. Referees ranking, a referee with the best performance at all matches.