In this assessment task, you will analyse the Lakeland Wonders case. In particular, you will analyse the nature of an organisational change project, taking into account the reasons for this change, and provide alternative solutions. You will also utilise frameworks to analyse the need for change and organisational culture that has an impact on change.
This assessment is based on Topics 1, 3, and 4 of the subject. The Lakeland Wonders case study is also available in the Assessment Resources folder.
1. Analyse the nature of the Lakeland Wonders organisational change project, taking into account the reasons for this change. (relates to Topic 1)
2. Assess and explain the extent to which the change approach that has been adopted by Cheryl Hailstrom is appropriate to the organisational contexts in Lakeland Wonders. (relates to Topic 1)
3. Are there gaps? Is there a different approach or combination of approaches that might have been better – based on the contexts for change that you have analysed? (relates to Topic 1)
4. Critically apply either the PEST-based framework or the McKinsey 7S framework to analyse the need for change in Lakeland Wonders case. (relates to Topic 3)
5. What type of organisational culture would you say is evident in the Lakeland Wonders case? Justify your argument. (relates to Topic 4)