The components to this activity are: using the framework from Part A, create an individual report based on the organisation’s Human Resource practices, workforce performance, culture and employee engagement.
PART A (In-Class Draft Report Framework)
In Week 2/3 in-class groups will be formed and the group will need to select an Australian organisation/company of your choice from the Australia’s top 100 listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
However, you CANNOT select the following organisations: Woolworths; the Coles Group; National Australia Bank; Commonwealth Bank of Australia; the ANZ Banking Group; and the Telstra Corporation.
As part of the in-class activities, you will develop a group draft report framework (that must be signed off by your lecturer) to assist you in preparing your individual report. You are required to submit your signed framework and your report via Turnitin
PART B. (Individual)
By looking at the organisation’s website and Annual Reports, you will be able to see whether it is possible to access sufficient information about its Human Resource (HR) practices to address the following:
1. How is your selected organisation trying to improve the performance of its workforce?
• Include at least one performance related initiative and one way in which its success could be measured
2. How is your selected organisation trying to improve its culture?
• Include at least one culture-based initiative and identify the type of culture prevalent within the organisation
3. How is your organisation trying to improve their rates of employee engagement?
• Include at least one employment-based initiative and the likelihood of success?
The group-work in-class component will provide you with an opportunity to assess your choice of organisation and its Human Resource practices
• You MUST confirm your organisation with your lecturer before commencing your assessment
• Using a Report Format, include the following components:
o Introduction (150 words)
o Performance Related Initiatives (400 words) o Culture Related Initiatives (400 words)
o Engagement Related Initiatives) (400 words) o Conclusion (150 words)
o Reference List (using the Harvard Referencing Convention throughout your reflection and reference list at the end)
• You should include a minimum of 5 academic references (journals, textbooks, scholarly websites) in addition to information from the companies themselves
• Please refer to the Assessment Marking Guide to assist you in completing all the assessment criteria.
Important Study Information
Academic Integrity Policy
KBS values academic integrity. All students must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and other academic offences under the Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy.
What is academic integrity and misconduct?
What are the penalties for academic misconduct?
What are the late penalties?
How can I appeal my grade?