Part A (Telecommunications Technologies) (30 marks)
Question 1: Private Branch Exchange (PBX) (4 x 5 marks = 20 marks)
The majority of modern organisations are using Private Branch Exchange (PBX) system for internal communications. By the introduction of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology and cloud network, there are significate changes in PBX system. In this context, prepare a report including the following sections:
a) Evolution of PBX
b) Comprehensive analysis of current and emerging PBX systems in terms of reliability.
c) Architecture of PBX systems.
d) Compare and contrast different PBX systems in terms of costing
Question 2: High Seed Connectivity (2 x 5 marks = 10 marks)
Access to the Internet has arguably become an essential service. However, the quality of the service varies widely in Australia. Multiple governments had promised and begun to deliver a high-speed connectivity throughout Australia via the National Broadband Network (NBN). Prepare a comprehensive report containing following points based on research findings and industry reports.
• NBN technology, its architecture including advantages and disadvantages associated.
• Compare NBN with the similar technology used in New Zealand. Your comparison should incorporate cost and marketing.
Part B (Reflective Journal) (20 marks)
Every student has to watch all the weekly videos (available on the moodle) relating to the topic for the week and write reflective journal weekly from week one (1) to five (5).
The purpose of this assignment is to identify new learning, self-realization and plan for improvement. Students will have an opportunity to explore the use of the online tools (e.g.: online blogs) to record and reflect on their learning in different ways. Students are required to:
• record the development of their ideas or insights.
• reflect upon the unit content and personal experiences.
• analyse their own learning and self-development.
• plan to improve on identified strengths and weaknesses.
Students are required to explore situations from a personal perspective, and/or based on previous learning/industry experience. They may use the DEEP method to reflective writing. The four steps in this method are:
• D - Describe experience (past or present)
• E - Explore or consolidate new learning
• E - Evaluate/analyse/self reaction
• P - Plan future learning