Based on your analysis of the segments of your region that contribute to the identity of the region, categorize your region as either emerging, growing, maturing, or rejuvenating. Please use the criteria below, and justify your placement of the region in that category.
Emerging wine regions
• very strong natural attractions
• strong cultural heritage attractions within the immediate area
• a number of festivals and events attracting visitors to the region. To varying degrees. the emerging wine regions lacked:
• a unifying theme (e.g. Mediterranean background)
• sufficient accommodation • proximity to a major city.
Growing wine regions
• close proximity to major capital cities
• close proximity to natural attractions such as beaches and parks
• heritage aspects dating back to the early 1800s and beyond
• established a range of events
• the concentration of wineries that promote touring and wine tasting
• both regions described as
• boutique' wine regions.
Maturing wine regions
• situated inland
• well established wineries
• mainly cottage and B&B accommodation
• high heritage value
• a range of natural attractions.
Rejuvenating wine regions
• rural settings away from population centers
• strong heritage values
• established events
• diverse range of activities. (Roberts and Deery, 2008)