What is MIS-Management Information System?
MIS is referred as management information services or management information system. Management information system broadly refers to computer-based system that provides the tools to the managers in order to evaluate, organize, and efficiently manage the departments within an organization. In order to provide present, past, and future information, MIS, management information system can include data resources such as the databases, software which is further helpful in decision-making processes, the hardware resources of system, people management, applications of project management, decision support systems, and any of the computerized processes that helps the department to function in an efficient manner.
The main role of the management information system manager is to focus on information and technology system of the organization. The MIS manager analyzes the business problems and maintain well designed computer-based applications in order to resolve the problems of an organization. Within a large organization, a department that is responsible for the computer system and provides services related to management information system is sometimes referred to as MIS department. Other names for MIS are IT, information technology, and IS, information system. This is the system that is used in both IT and Business world. Many business use MIS structure in their business in order to sort their business related platforms and systematic completion of their business tasks. This is why, this is thought to students as a subject as it helps them explaining. If you face problem while doing such assignments you can avail Assignment Help USA, and get your assignment done. It will help you save time and you can utilize this time in doing other work or pending work.
What is MIS infrastructure?
MIS infrastructure includes the plans that help in depicting how the firm will deploy, build as well as use and share the information, data, MIS assets, and processes. A solid MIS infrastructure in an organization can improve productivity of an organization, reduce costs, optimize the business operations, generate growth, and also increase profitability. In today’s scenario, management information system is used broadly in number of contexts but are not limited to these contexts such as decision support systems, project management, database retrieval applications, and resource and people management applications.
Agile MIS infrastructure
Agile MIS infrastructure is considered as the combination of software, hardware, and telecommunication equipment of an organization as they all work together as a system and support the aims and goals of the organization. Under the agile MIS infrastructure, a system must be scalable enough such that if an organization demands for resources that increases in percentage, the existing infrastructure should be able to handle the growth of percentage without having any adverse effect on overall functionality of the operations of an organization.
Seven characteristics of an agile MIS infrastructure
Following are the seven characteristics of an agile MIS infrastructure.
1. Accessibility: This characteristic of MIS infrastructure defines that the operation of a system must be easily accessible at any time without any restrictions to the users of a particular system with respect to the access level and its authorization. Accessibility of the software is very important factor. If the software is not accessible, then what’s the use of making the software.
2. Maintainability: This characteristic of MIS infrastructure defines that the system must be flexible enough to meet all types of changes that occur in any business organization without the complete failure of the system. Say for instance, some of the businesses and their plans fail while planning for the global customers. As the first order comes from a global customer, there are chances that issues may occur in the business process. Any system that is built should be flexible to meet changes of business. Most of the efforts and cost is incurred in the maintenance only. The planning and development does not take as much efforts and time as compared to maintenance.
3. Availability: Talking about the current scenario, E-business is highly prevailing in the market almost for all the businesses. Availability means the period in which the system should be operational. Unavailability means the system is not able to operate. Any system that provides high availability such as internet service provider, means that the system is able to operate consistently. It will help every employee in the firm to perform their work anytime.
4. Scalability: This includes how well the system can scale up as well as adopt the growing demand of the organization. If there is a fast growth of a particular organization, the system may find it difficult to operate the functions properly if it relies on the limited resources and existing system.
5. Portability: Portability is the ability of a particular application that operates on any of software platforms or devices. In today’s scenario, applications are built in order to run on any of the devices like mobile phones, PC, and tablets along with any of the operating systems like Windows, Linux or Mac. Portability means platform independent. If the application is platform independent, then it can run or can be executed on any device or operating system.
6. Usability: This characteristic of MIS infrastructure describes the user friendliness of a particular system. The system should be used effectively and efficient. So much cost is incurred in the development of the application, what is fun if it’s not used. Therefore, a software should have a user friendly interface so that everyone can use it.
7. Reliability: Reliability is the ability of a particular system in order to function accurately as well as to provide the reliable data and information to the users. Reliability is one of the important feature a software or application must have. It should provide accurate results thereby maintaining the secrecy. Application goes under many software tests in order to ensure that it is producing reliable and accurate results. As these results are used to take other decisions.
Due to all these reasons MIS is important to study. It helps both the IT industries as well as those concerned with business. While writing an assignment related to this topic, you can take Assignment Help California, if required. Prepare your assignment well and score better grades.
Ensouri, H., & alinizii, T. (2014). THE IMPACT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATIONSYSTEMS(MIS) TECHNOLOGIES ON THEQUALITY OF SERVICESPROVIDED AT THEUNIVERSITY OF TABUK. International Journal Of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA), 4(5). Retrieved from http://airccse.org/journal/nsa/6214nsa01.pdf
(2019). The Characteristics of an Agile MIS Infrastructure – Adebola Oyinloye. Retrieved from https://hammjustsaying.com/2017/04/06/the-characteristics-of-an-agile-mis-infrastructure/
(2019). Management Information Systems (MIS): Definition and How It Works. Retrieved from https://www.cleverism.com/management-information-systems-mis/
Sirkemaa, S. (2016). Towards Information Technology Infrastructure Management. Journal Of Emerging Trends In Computing And Information Sciences, 3(4). Retrieved from http://www.cisjournal.org/journalofcomputing/archive/vol6no11/vol6no11_2.pdf